Community post

Question

Faint Lines that aren't getting darker

View Full Post

Hi all,

My husband and I have been ttc our 4th child for 9 months. Last Wednesday (at 8 DPO) I got a very faint positive on an internet dipstick cheapie. I am a testing fanatic, and in all my other pregnancies I continued to test to see the lines get gradually darker. I am now 13 DPO, and the lines on the internet cheapies look exactly the same as they did 5 days ago. Should I be worried? I should also mention that I have gotten positives on a FRER and a digital test. I KNOW that they are positive, but it is really bothering me that it is not getting darker like they ALWAYS have in the past. I called the doctor and spoke with a phone nurse, who said over the counter tests don't really test "how pregnant" you are, just if you are pregnant or not. I'm having trouble going along with this, since I have always seen it progressively get darker. They did not offer blood work to check or anything like that. Thoughts?

14 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 14 of 14 Answers

This was me my last cycle. I was reassured by the nurses and told the darkness of the line isn't important, dye amounts vary by test, etc. They refused to even do betas. I ended up miscarrying at 6+1 (after weeks of NO line progress). I looked up posts about no line progression on tons of forums, and basically all of them end up the same as my experience. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who just really has shitty tests

6 years ago

Gigi00...WEEKS? I sure hope not! Sorry you went through it too—the waiting game is the worst! I guess I am fortunate that they let me come in to test my hcg level...it’s only at 23, so that pretty much tells me it’s over, sadly.

6 years ago • Post starter

I’m really sorry :(

6 years ago

I'm really sorry. Yes, it was over two weeks of no progress - all while being told "Congrats! We will see you at 8 weeks for your ultrasound."

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo