Community post

Question

Am I just testing wrong and getting negitves/faint positives

Can someone explain how hcg builds or doubles and the average. I'm so used out finding out I'm prego a few days before missed period and getting lines whenever I pee on a a stick when I was pregnant with my last two pregnancies. I found out about 7/ 8 dpo this time. I've taken a few tests since ( not with FMU cause I'm stupid and didn't have any tests at the time. Also when I would pee it would only be with a 1 or 2 hour hold cause I just can't hold it longer then that.) but the lines are either so light they look like there is hardly anything there to almost like indents. I'm 10 dpo today. I took a rapid response and I think there is a line but it almost looks negative. I'm just afraid I'm really not pregnant. I'm used to dark lines. Id only 3 weeks and like 2 days. I don't feel confident that I am pregnant cause I haven't had a dark line. Am I just getting squinters cause I'm not using FMU.

User image

1 Answer • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Unfortunately you may have line eye. Seeing a line where there a) isn’t one or b) it’s an indent or even more cruely c) it’s a faulty test.

HCG ought to double every two or three days, which theoretically should darken the line. As you are testing early FMU is desirable but FRER I think says you don’t need fmu.

I think you’ve probably got indents or evaps so far but it ain’t over until the fat lady sings (period turns up in this case hah)

If you still feel you have had faint positives, I would try a digital. I’m pretty sure most digitals will pick up 48-72 hours after you get an early sensitive test positive. If you can wait, wait till your period is late. You can look at my gallery to see how convincing an evap can be.

It really is so upsetting and frustrating when you are doing everything you can and the bloody test won’t show two clear lines, I empathise with you! X

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo