Community post

Question

8 weeks post D&C, No AF and faint positive tests

Hi All, I'm 8 weeks post D&C (I was 10 weeks but baby measured 8.5 with no HB). I had blood draws to test my HCG - on Dec 28th it was 39, Jan 11th it was 12 and Jan 21 it was 5. The dr isn't having me get any more blood taken as he said he considers 5 to be not pregnant. I have NOT had a period since my D&C and I have been testing my hcg and LH levels at home with Wondfo tests every day. It looked like I ovulated on Dec 28/29 - and my bf and I BD'd both those days. I bled for not even a day on Jan 8th so I wouldn't consider that my AF. Now, I'm having pregnancy symptoms - sore boobs, montgomery's tubercles the past 2-3 days, gas more than usual and not eating greasy/bad foods that would cause that. I have taken a few pregnancy tests - both FRER and Wondfo and they both show very faint positives, but haven't really gotten darker. Do you think I could be pregnant and I'm just not far enough along for a darker positive or do you think I'm not pregnant and the HCG level of 5 is making the tests come up faint positives? I can't tell if it's all in my head because I want to be pregnant so badly or if I really could be... any input/advice/reality checks welcome! Thank you!!

user submitted image

4 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Hi Hun. It looks negative to me. I would wait for your period to return for you to try again with baby. Hope you get your little sticky bean soon Hun x

6 years ago

CountdownGirl   Admin

I see a very faint line there! Test again in a day or two and keep us posted!

6 years ago

Here's this mornings test and the past 2 days as well - today I did it with FMU and the previous 2 days I did with SMU. I do feel like the lines are getting a teeny tiny bit darker but still VERY faint. I think I may call dr office today to get bloodwork done just to be sure only because I'm going away on vacation tomorrow and if I'm not pregnant, I will have a couple drinks, but if I am then I don't want to drink at all. I am SO CONFUSED! Haven't had AF since I had D&C on 12/6/17. Bled one day for just a little bit on Jan 8th - not even the full day. I do feel some kind of dull cramps yesterday and today... so could be AF coming or could be beginning of new pregnancy... if I wasn't going away I'd wait it out, but I want to know before going to Florida tomorrow.

user submitted image

6 years ago • Post starter

I don't see anything hun. I know for me, FRER's tested with my HCG at 6 so it very well could be picking things up still, your HCG lingered in your system a lot longer than it did in mine after my D&C. But I can say when my HCG was at 6, I got a faint positive on the FRERs and I know they can read a faint positive at level 6.

User image

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo