Community post

Question

Hot Mess, Please HELP. Angry Cervix on board.

Ok, so as the title says, I am a hot mess. I will try to be clear. I am driving my sister nuts with questions and my husband thinks I am making it all up at this point. Any input is great. I am going nuts. HELP.

I have been on the pill for a while but for the last few months have missed days. I have PCOS so I didn't think it was an issue.

My period date was 12/31/12 though I didn't bleed till 1/2 (normal for me on pill). Started new month 12/6. Woke up on 12/9 with the worst sore, heavy boobs of my life. Sex on 1/13 too painful for cervix. Stopped pill on 1/13 to wait and see. Tested for ovulation 12/14-12/16 all neg. Started new extra discharge, cramping, cervix was low, firm, closed. Spotted almost nothing on 1/17.

Sex on 1/19 too painful, spotting began after and is finally slowing down today. Bad cramps 1/19 to now. HPT neg. Cervix today HIGH, soft, closed, and tilted back (totally new for me). Tons of other symptoms of preg, all feel new. HELP!

11 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Answers | Last Page

As follow up: My other symptoms include: nausea, worse last week, better now, trouble sleeping, VERY achy, painful lower back/pelvis and hips, cramping, moody, hot flashes, headache, cervix VERY tender (I have never had this), and last week I felt like I kept wetting my pants I had so much liquidy discharge coming out.

I haven't kept track of my cycles since I've been on the pill but I guessed a few different options on a couple ov calculators. And we had sex certainly well within the timeframe of ovulation, more than once.

My period on the pill is due 1/28. I am not sure how many DPO I am but I estimate 8-10. I THOUGHT I had implantation bleeding on 1/17 because I was crampy the night before and then pink spotting. But since I've been bleeding since 1/19 sex (dark, mostly brown, not heavy, just when I go to the bathroom, just one pantyliner per day with some spots) I thought maybe my period is (A WEEK) early, its implanting NOW, or its a chemical preg.

11 years ago • Post starter

CONTINUED:
The contradiction to this seems to be my cervix has risen high, softened tremendously, is still closed, and is oddly tilted towards my back (I've never had this either), and I feel really tired and cranky still. Normally I only get PMS symptoms a few days before my period and they are slightly different.
Also, I have just felt DIFFERENT this time around. I didn't know what was going on when my boobs suddenly started hurting, I just all the sudden KNEW I was pregnant.
Now, don't get me wrong, we were NOT TTC (hence birth control) at all and now is definitely not the ideal time to have a baby, but we would be happy if I were pregnant. But this was definitely not something I was looking for, expecting, or hoping for, though now that it seems a possibility I may have changed my mind ;)

My concern is I may be pregnant and something is wrong OR I am not and there is something health wise going on. Any help would be great. Not sure how soon I should see a DR.

Opps, it should say I tested for ovulation on 1/14-1/16 NOT 12/14-12-16

Sorry to be longwinded with my own question! But I forgot to add: I also somehow have GAINED 6 lbs even though I've been on a very strict diet to LOSE weight. Not sure if its bloating or what.

wow that was a very long question :P. My advice would be to see your doctor about this . with the painful sex and bleeding afterwards. Best to just seek medical advice also the weight gain as well is .. strange . good luck!

11 years ago

Only had spotting after sex on 1/19. Never happened before. I have read a lot of posts online that the cervix tends to be tender and more engorged with blood in early pregnancy and on. Different for everyone of course but for me it seemed like a red flag as I have NEVER had before. Also peeing insane amounts insanely often.

I'm confused are you trying to get pregnant or avoid it? The changes in hormones from constantly going on and off bc can give those symptoms

11 years ago

Trying to avoid it, but if I am pregnant we'd be happy. I have some health/med issues that need to be addressed early in a pregnancy for the baby's safety which is why I'm anxious.

Just based off what is written here I wouldn't think you were. Going on an off hormones (birth control) takes a huge toll on your body. But if they are pregnancy symptoms the hcg would have to be there and a hpt would pick it up by now

11 years ago

Well I was on bdirth contol for 9 years. I learned that if you miss a few days it tbrows off you cycles by a lot. That can cause you to have prego because the pill is a birth control you body usually should not have any fertile eggs. The pill regulates af and causes sterilization to the egg.

My bundle of joy can in 2016 my dd. Now for another sister or brother.

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo