Community post

Question

5 wks & neg Blood test, feeling VERY preg & family/DH being unsupportive, anyone else?

I need support. I am 10 days late for AF tomorrow and have had tons of symptoms which have escalated to me sleeping 12-16 hours at a time constantly in the last week, sore throat/congestion, creamy cm, tender breasts, on/off nausea, extremely sensitive emotionally, bloating, etc.

On top of all this, I literally woke up a few weeks ago and just suddenly knew something was going on, my gut has been telling me I am pregnant out of no where since we weren't TTC. I just felt different and have had this instinct to be careful about food, vitamins, etc, just a very strong feeling. I want a child but we are struggling w/ $ now so it wasn't in our "plan" yet so I hadn't given it much thought before this.

I had a neg blood test 1/23, hcg was 0. I would be now 5wks, had blood test mon, neg with less than one. I have PCOS (no cysts now). All neg HPT. My family is treating me like a joke and its creating a lot of stress. Anyone been through this?

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I have read countless posts of women not finding out they were pregnant until an ultrasound. Having negative blood tests all throughout the first trimester, then finding a perfectly healthy baby developing on US. I am going to ask for an US tomorrow at Dr apt, but dont know if they will. My family is making fun of me basically and saying I am having a "phantom pregnancy", which I looked up and is actually really rare! I have a lot of chronic health issues that I am worried about affecting a baby which is why I want to know for sure ASAP, and makes me think my body might not be producing HCG normally.

What explanation can there be for suddenly having all the symptoms of pregnancy, FEELING pregnant, having a 10 day late period, but still getting a neg blood test at 5 weeks? This has all been a surprise to me so its not like I am making these symptoms up. I KNOW something is off, I just don't know WHAT.

11 years ago • Post starter

Blood tests do not lie. You cannot possibly be pregnant with an hcg level of 0 or 1. I think you are going to have to accept that.....as harsh as it sounds. What you are describing sounds more like emotional/mental symptoms....like in a phantom pregnancy. Google phantom pregnancy and see if that sounds anything like what you are experiencing.

Me...33 Hubby...34 Nov 2002...high risk pregnancy, preterm labor @ 31wks, held in our son until 37wks, born 7lbs, 20in October 2007...blighted ovum @ 6w4d, D&C October 2012...fetal death @7w4d subchorionic hematoma, D&C, 46 chromosomes, normal female Waiting to TTC until June!

11 years ago

Well, I can tell you that phantom pregnancy does exist and blood test are not always correct. One of my best. Friends was 5 months pregnant before they figured it out.....blood test and all. Plus.....i am pregnant and according to my ovulation and pregnancy test.....I should be 6weeks but according to my doctor I am closer to 10 weeks. Had blood test and hpt done at the end of December.....all were negative. However, I felt pregnant and had all the symptoms in December. Bottom line is you know your body. Pregnancy is not text book for everyone!

11 years ago

I am not claiming the blood test is wrong, more that my BODY is wrong. There are actually a lot of women who apparently get neg blood tests and confirm preg with an US after a long time of no period. For some reason the HCG doesn't show up for them. I don't get it.
I am not a candidate for phantom pregnancy, as I stated in my post, I DID look it up and it absolutely doesn't apply to me. We were not TTC and I am not ready for a baby right now with my health issues, money, etc. This was an absolute surprise to me, all this stuff started happening out of nowhere.

11 years ago • Post starter

They could have had that happen if the blood test was too early but after 14 dpo there's no way the blood test would be wrong unless it was a phantom pregnancy or blighted ovam hcg is the LIFEFORCE hormone that feeds the baby without it in your blood there is no baby growing.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo