Community post

Question

Period due but no sign of it today, cervix HIGH. PREGNANT?

My period is due today but I checked my cervix and found only thick, white cm. Like lotion. My cervix is also unusually high (soft and closed too), I could barely reach it. Usually its nearly hanging out of my vagina during my period.

I have had nausea, weepiness, major food repulsion, fatigue, and I feel like my stomach is full even when I haven't eaten in over 12 hours, like my food is not digesting. Earlier this month I had a sudden increase in cm, like copious amounts wetting my pants, severe breast pain which has eased up, hot flashes, plus the previous things I listed.

Tests have been negative, but I have PCOS and my dr tells me this (false negatives) is common. I had an US and my ovaries are free of cysts (making pg more likely) but it was too early to see any signs of PG.

If I dont get my AF, we will test in a week. Tests say negative but I have this weird feeling something is off and I could be PG. Thoughts please?!

8 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

I should also add I had possible implantation spotting on day 16 of cycle. (1/17) I menstruated starting on 1/2.

11 years ago • Post starter

When I was pregnant with my twins I had to have bloodwork and US to confirm. A urine test didn't pick it up until 6 weeks!!! I have PCOS as well.

I hope you get to find out soon!

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true. [User Image

11 years ago

I actually had blood work already which was negative but A) I could be wrong on my estimated ovulation, etc, and B) I've hear this happens as well with PCOS, though is not quite as common as with the false negative HPT's.

I also have some health issues that make it difficult for my body to "get rid of" toxins, waste, etc, and I am thinking this could translate to hormones not showing up normally too. Basically things in my body just keep recirculating instead of being excreted appropriately.

I'm just starting to feel ridiculous and silly. Like I'm being hysterical. But all these symptoms started out of no where, and I kind of just woke up one day feeling pregnant in addition to weird symptoms.

I also had trouble having sex too, we tried the 12th and it was oddly painful, something I never experienced before. Like my cervix was sore. Then again on the 19th it was even more painful and I spotted for a few days.

With pcos you can get false results on hpt but a blood test would be 100% accurate 3-4 days after implantation.

11 years ago

Really? I've read countless stories of women with pcps who had false negative blood tests too. Granted its not as common, could be coincidental, and I don't understand necessarily WHY (I think there are many types of Hcg cells and the test looks for one kind, at least I read in a science journal), and they are only 99% accurate given a small margin of error. Or dates could be wrong. I guess I won't be satisfied until I get a normal period or an ultrasound in a couple weeks. Which I have read many women are 9 weeks pregnant and still can get negatives and don't know until an ultrasound.

For example, even the statistics on this site suggest that at 10 dpo 18.8% of women get a false negative.
That's pretty far from 100%

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/brand-chart.php?hptbrandid=16

If I had to guess, I would lean more towards pregnant, esp since you said u spotted a little after intercourse which is very common during pregnancy, and if your not pregnant idk why that would happen to you, and also all the symptoms your having, but I guess its just a waiting game now, good luck!!

11 years ago

thanks @FirstTimeMommyx0. I am leaning that way too, but have been up and down all around this month with all the conflicting facts. Plus my moods have been crazy! Its bizarre that it would take this long to find out, I just need 100% closure. If I had gotten the negative and then my symptoms stopped and my period started today, well, ok, obviously not pregnant. But that's not the case. That and the whole bizarre PCOS thing has me anxious for answers.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo