Community post

Question

20 days post mirena removal and confused, HELP!

I just had my Mirena removed on Aug. 15 read multiple things online about mirena crash and horrible bleeding and I was horried. I my surprise I haven't had any of that YET. I never had a regular cycle and while on mirena I AF did not come at all. Now that I am TTC attempting to track a cycle is complicated.
Just this past saturday (prepare for TMI and i apologize in advance) I thought AF arrived which i cried, however I bled enough to use a tampon and was a lot of clots for about an hour or so and then it stopped. I bled very lightly again yesterday and it stopped in the evening. Can anyone tell me if i can consider this AF or a normal cycle? And has anyone else who has had Mirena experienced this? I know it will take time for my body to regulate but i am used to being a very HEAVY bleeder and having AF visit for 10days leave for a week or two then come back for 10 days. AF loved having a home in my uterus. Just looking for advice on when I can start to hope for things to regulate.

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Here is my story hope it helps i had mirena removed June 4th i also did not get AF but durring the last 6 months of having it before removal i did have a period. Well on June 30th i had my first AF it was super heavy with tons of clots and it lasted 8 days way longer then my regular AF. i got pregnant right away got a BFP on july 13th but sadly it ended in a chemical pregnancy, I havent had AF since and now i am waiting to get my Af again to start charting and jump on hte ttc train in November.

User Image

11 years ago

Not sure if this helps? I had mine removed in August 2011 and didnt really have a 'proper' period until november. I never had one period for the whole 5 years neither. My periods were really weird after first having it out, heavy, light, heavy, my body would never make its mind up lol. Since regulating my periods are loads better. I would say get some OPK tests and start doing your BBT as this really helped. Good luck!! x

11 years ago

Sorry meant to add that although i was having 'periods' i would be heavy one day, gone the next and 4 days later period again......should proof read lol

11 years ago

hi i had my mirenan out on the 12th august, i bled for 4 days, i then worked out i should have ovulated on the 28th of august, but on a whim after what i believe was the mirena crash i had loads of pregnancy syptoms ect so i decided to take a pregnancy test on the 23rd, it was negative, so because i was aching i tried and ovulation test it was a very dark strong positive! i was shocked 5 days early, since then i have just waiting to see if my AF turns up or wether im pregnant.
also you dont have to have AF to ovulate, so go ahead and BD anyway just incase. keep track of your CM and judge from that when to use your OPK's i know for me the 4/5 days before i ovulate i am very wet down there and i feel in the mood all the time. also i read, although not scientifically researched or proven, that the chances of multiple pregnancy is higher just after mirena removal because it can cause hyperovulation. x x

11 years ago

I also had tons of pregnancy symptoms and by looking at the charting of my CM it looks as though I could have ovulated on the 19th so my day to test would have been Sept. 2nd (I did test before that date and of course all BFNs) I did not test on the 2nd because of the bleeding I had on the 1st. This whole TTC thing is new to me since my 9 year old was a complete ooops and I got pregnant while on the birth control pill. Can you please explain to me how the OPK's work and when to use them, and should I still use them while having this random bleeding? My husband and I BD often actually (we are like teenagers) his method of TTC is skip the charting and figuring out ovulation and just BD everyday that way you never miss the right day. I guess I am just to excited to wait it out. And multiples and hyperovulation?!?!?!? That would be AMAZING i have always wanted twins!!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo