Community post

Question

Sitting here in tears, anyone get get a BFP after negative blood work?

I was having extremely bad back pain for two days (8 & 9 dpo) I called my doctor because of my history of cysts I felt like that is what it was. They sent me for a quantitative HCG blood test this morning and just got the call with them stating it was negative that my level was under 10. I am devastated beyond belief, has anyone had a blood test done around 10dpo and eventually got a BPF?? I guess I am out this month and considering this whole charting bit none of it makes any sense to me anyway. UGH i want to scream and stomp my feet!

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

blood is the most accurate, i know it is upsetting but hang in there, it WILL happen. I am in my 3rd cycle, what cycle r u in for TTC?

<a href=

11 years ago

I only had my mirena iud removed on Aug. 15 with my first cycle menstrating beginning Sept 1 with light almost spotting type bleeding then heavy flow the 7th - 9th. I did get a positive OPK on the 15th but not even sure I ovulated. I have been charting and keeping track of everything but none of it makes sense. I might give up on the whole charting thing. Because i dont know what was my first day of AF i dont even know when to expect her to come back. I have endometriosis and read it could be difficult to conceive having that, I am just frustrated and extremely emotional, I just felt pregnant but knew with my luck it was going to come back being negative.

11 years ago • Post starter

I do not chart temps, for me, it is confusing, I have used opk's and preseed. if this is your first month, you may need to wait a few cycles to get the flow of things, it will happen, i am possibly going into 4 month, its very tough, but i know it will happen

<a href=

11 years ago

I think 10dpo is a bit too early to throw in the towel. The numbers have to start somewhere. I'd stay hopeful - you're not out until AF shows!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Thank you for the positivity! I'm an emotional wreck and my husband is just like eh there's next month, so I def appreciate the positive encouragement! I guess I was just expecting this to all be easier, to me by surprise as I have what i would consider symptoms but now I'm thinking they were only in my head! So I just cross my fingers and toes for a few more days. I do feel selfish being so emotional and this only being my first true cycle in 2 years when others have been trying for months if not years! I'm saying a pray for us all!

11 years ago • Post starter

hi hun don't loose hope! 10dpo is early and your levels may be under 10 at that stage BUT pregnancy is anything over 5!!! just some doctors put their cut off limit higher (10-20) due to the risk of a non viable/chemical pregnancy. fingers crossed and GL

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo