Community post

Question

Need charting help, should I start a new cycle or no?

I began spotting on September 1, it would last about an hour or two and stop. It was like that on the 1st, no bleeding the 2nd, spotting the 3, nothing on the 4th then spotted on the 5th. Because i have not had a cycle in 2 years (had my mirena removed Aug. 15) and am now charting I considered the 1st as day 1 of a new cycle, however, on September 7 I began a heavy flow which was heavy until last evening the 9th and is now slowing down which is more like a normal period for me. Should I begin a new cycle having the 7th being CD1 or should I just continue with the orginal one having the 7th being CD7? Please help this is all so new to me I am extremely confused!

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I think sept 7 is considered as your cd1. Good luck:)

11 years ago

You might want to check with your Dr. My Dr. always told me the first day of bleeding is the first day of the cycle, but since you has an IUD removed it may be different. When I had my IUD taken out the first months period was crazy. I had it taken out in Aug 2010. Had a crazy period in September. Didn't ovulate in October. Ovulated in November and got pregnant. I had my baby girl the next August. So that first period after it is removed is always crazy.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo