Community post

Question

Do you find non-digital opk's confusing? Trying to understand...

Why this smiley face opk by ClearBlue Easy is so popular! They are tremendously expensive here..I think the one cycle I used them, I got a 7 test pack for $30 or so. That is so crazy when you can buy the strips online for less than $1 apiece! Or at Walmart for 88 cents. Can someone clue me in to what is confusing about deciding if two lines are equally dark?

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

I ordered some OPKs from Amazon.com and at first I thought that the two lines were confusing...that is until I actually got a positive result. There is a definite darkening of the second line when the LH surge happens. Hope this helps!

11 years ago

So maybe if you're new to using them, you're just not confident about interpretation. I do like the novelty of the smiley face, but I guess it just takes me too long to conceive to pay that price month after month.

11 years ago • Post starter

I agree that you will know the first time you get a true positive on the line test because it comes up quick and is so dark. I use the Wondfo tests from amazon. They are really cheap. I have learned that with my body I get two days of positive tests and the second day is when I ovulate.

11 years ago

I can see how if you have long or irregular cycles, you would find it hard to "trust" when you finally do get a +! I have always o'd roughly 14 days before my next period, not the same day each month, but not totally "unexpected" either. Plus, I usually get a "fade in" pattern with opk's - the line gets darker a few day gradually before the surge.

11 years ago • Post starter

I personally like the cheapo line tests better because the line gets darker gradually. Once it starts to get close to positive, then I start testing twice a day. With the smilies, I would have to start off testing twice a day and that gets crazy spendy.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

i have ordered the wondflo opk(50) and hpt(20) pack for 16 bucks on amazon.i really like them and believe it isn't that hard to know if they are positive or not.just take pictures of them and post them on here for us ladies to help you out.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo