Community post

Question

On Cycle 8 now...wondering how long I can do this.

I realize sometimes it "takes awhile" and normally I'm the #1 cheerleader for patience and relaxation...my wonderful daughter took 10 cycles and lots of tears and is worth it all. BUT I am getting frustrated. My periods are fairly painful and the emotional rollercoaster is getting to be a lot for me to handle. I'm *this* far from just going back on birth control, but I know that is dumb if we really want another child. Just wanted to type this all out and have a good cry. :(

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

I'm am so not the posterchild for patience and relaxtion. I started trying in November, got frustrated by January, took a break, changed to a healthier lifestyle and slowly started back up again March. I know since March it hasn't been that long (plus I'm 35), but it's still very frustrating. Maybe I should practice patience & relaxation. :o)

Lots of prayers and babydust to you!

11 years ago

Oh and I also wanted to tell you not to give up! Like you said 10 cycles got you a beautiful baby girl, maybe 10 is your lucky number! Hang in there!

11 years ago

Oh, thank you, that was very sweet! I turned 34 in May. It is supposed to take longer in your thirties but I always think I will be the exception to the rule...who gets pg the first month and tests + on 6 dpo! ;)

11 years ago • Post starter

I'm almost 30 and have a 4.5 year old and my husband and I are trying for baby #2 as well. My sweet wonderful son has been praying at night for a brother or sister and it breaks my heart that I can't just run out and get one! I also am not patient in any way which makes me so mad because I feel like my stress and rapid heart rate is what causes us not to get pregnant. I have changed my lifestyle as well. Cut out coffee and alcohol and in the last 3 months managed to lose over 30 lbs trying to better my chances. I know that its all in good timing and in God's plans but I am so tired of waiting and watching all my friends around me having beautiful babies. What's worse is it makes me feel like a terrible mom like my son isn't enough for me and that's not true!! I didn't mean to jump on here and complain I apologize. I hope we both get our BFP very very quickly! Good luck to you!

11 years ago

:) Complain all you want! Good to know I'm not alone!

11 years ago • Post starter

Man, I'm on cycle 3 and already frustrated! I seriously admire your fortitude. Don't do BC!! We're all cheering for you every month you hold out. Just trust that baby is coming soon and totally worth the wait, but no chance at all with BC! You can do it.

User Image "I know the plans I have for you" says the LORD. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo