Community post

Question

POLL: does risk of twins/multiples with Clomid or trigger worry you?

I'm starting my eighth cycle and my OB said to call her when I was ready to talk about fertility tests or meds. I have two daughters from my first marriage and my husband has 3 sons...we would like one or two together but I don't know if I can handle two newborns at once! ;)

Poll:
no, I would not mind twins or more! (9 votes)
no, I would do anything to conceive (5 votes)
yes, twins or multiples kind of intimidate me (5 votes)
undecided (0 votes)

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Clomid only gives you a 10% chance of having twins and the chance of having multiples of other varieties is lower...

11 years ago

The trigger shots are higher, aren't they? I have 2 friends with two sets of twins from trigger shots! Maybe my friends are super fertile, wish they would rub off on me! ;)

11 years ago • Post starter

I have used clomid 50mg 11 cycles and had 1 child from that. I used a trigger shot with it for the first time this month but was monitered and only had one follicle so I know there wont be twins unless God has a differant plan and it splits ;) If you are worried just make sure you are monitored closely. Babydust to you!!

User Image

11 years ago

Thank you for your input! :) The more I think about it, it shouldn't be a big deal...the risks are higher with a multiple pg'cy but there is monitoring for that too. I guess life unfolds the way it is meant to. :)

I found out I was. preg with ID twins when my daughter was 4-5 months old. It was a bfing accident even tho i was on progesterone bc. We made it through..kids are 3,3 and 4 now and I couldnt imagine it any other way. I know at least 5 ppl who used Clomid and went on to either bfns or a singleton so I dont know how much it results in twin births. They can ultrasound you tho to determine number of follicles and if there are several u can abstain. I work in the NICU and nursery and most of our multiples are natural or IVF. GL whatever choice u make!

11 years ago

Aw, thanks for that! I think in some ways it might be nice to have multiples since our other kids will be so much older! Just one more thing to obsess about, lol!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo