Community post

Question

Six months post-Mirena-removal...cycles getting shorter and shorter?

any thoughts? I had Mirena removed Jan 18, 2012. My cycles have been like this: Feb 20 (31 days), March 19 (28 days, ovulation on day 17 and this was actually a chemical pregnancy but if you count it as a cycle, luteal phase was 11 days). April 12 (24 days, unknown O date). May 8,26 days ovulation on day 13 with 13 day luteal phase. June 2, 25 days, ovulation on day 11 with 14 day luteal phase. June 25,23 days, ovulation on day 10 with 13 day luteal phase. If this keeps up, pretty soon I am going to be ovulating during AF. Help! Ideas?

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

My cycles have been almost identical and I also had my Mirena removed in January. I went down to 25 days in June. In addition to shorter cycles, my period went from my normal 6-7 days in length (with varying flows) to only 2 days TOTAL with light flow this month (as in this week).... I'm very confused as well. I don't have any help really to offer since so many things can affect your cycles. I'd be interested though if there's a connection between Mirena removal. How did you have your mirena in? I had it in for 7 years (2 Mirenas) and I'm 26 now TTC

11 years ago

Hey there! I am happy to hear from someone in a similar situation! I had mine in for about 4 yrs, maybe a little less. I never ever had cycles on Mirena. Sometimes a bit of spotting but not enough for a pantiliner, really. My periods are 4-5 days now, which is normal for me. My first one was pretty light but normal flow since then- the cycles are just getting so short! I almost can't wait to chart this month! It's annoying not to be pg, but it is interesting to say the least! As far as infertility post Mirena- I know of at least 4 women on other board who have had a baby THIS YEAR who got pg in the first 2 months off Mirena. So I don't think it's hopeless!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo