Community post

Question

Clearblur fertility montor is low but ovulation test says I'm Ovulation?!? What's going on?!

I've been using the CBFM for 3 months now, first month I had 5 days of high(days 8-12)then 2 peak days (days 13-14) 2nd month I had 7days of high (days 7-13)then 2 peak days (days 14-15), and then this month I've had only low readings up from (days 7-13) which isn't normal, so I decied to do an ovulation test (with same sample id used for CBFM that morning) and it was clearly positive?! Please has a look at my recent images. Then this morning I tested with CBFM and it had a high reading? So now I'm confused did I ovulate and the monotor miss it or was the ovulation test wrong? Please help.

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I don't know anything about the CBFM but you should be charting your temps. Its the only way to confirm ovulation. The image you posted isn't quite positive. The test line is lighter than the control. Its very close so you may be gearing up to O. But like I said charting bbt is the only way to really confirm it happened.

12 years ago

I have a monitor and the monitor never fails.. I am sure the monitor reads the stick without error better than our naked eyes .. Maybe you didn't ovulate this month :(.. That is why I choose have a monitor so I am able to know if I am ovulating or not and take action in case I had more than one consecutive cycle without ovulating ( trouble releasing hormones ) .. Take care :)

DoRi

12 years ago

Hi, Unfortunatally I only started using the ovulation test yesterdasy morning when i was concerned that the monotor might not be working because on the actual CBFM sticks test line was much darker than previous ones yet it was still on low so i then bought some normal simple ovulation tests and its looked close to ovulation or possible like i just had the evening before? because since then ive done 5 other ovulation tests all which were most definatly meant i wasnt ovulating. I can put the photos on if that helps? I also spoke to CBFM help line which told me in some cases people have got pregnant right after the egg ovulates in the evening and so the monitor never picks up a peak which could explain the ovutaion test stick,So confused.

12 years ago • Post starter

I loved my monitor and it did work for me...but not every month will you get 5 high days and 2 peaks. One month I had 10 "high" days in a row. The cycle I conceived it went straight from low to peak the next day (with no high days) and we only BDed once during those peak days. I used it for 6 months and no matter how many (or lack thereof) of high days, I always had 2 peak days (which I confirmed with OPKs). Your OPK is almost positive but the test line still appears to be slightly lighter than the control line. If in doubt, BD just to be sure, but if you had a high day today it might be peak by tomorrow. Good luck!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo