Community post

Discussion

anyone been trying for 2 yrs or more out there?

View Full Post

It has been over 2 years of trying for me, I'm currently on lupron till the end of february, which means im in menopause so it kills off my remaining endo. I had surgery at the end of oct 2011 and thats what they found. they did manage to clear my tubes but put me on the lupron to kill off the microscopic endo that they couldn't get.. i don't know what is to happen next, but i know i cannot afford any major fertility treatments as dh insurance doesn't cover it :(.. Just wondering if there are any girls out there who are in my situation, and how do you really stay positive after over 24 months of ttcing? I really want a baby, if its the last thing i do, but financially the road may end soon. im just trying not to think about it.. and pleasedon't tell me its in gods hands and it will happen,because after more than 2 yrs,im tired of getting my hopes up for nothing. yes im a little negative but wouldn't you be after this long.

54 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 54 Replies | Last Page

Im sorry but god has nothing to do with it in my world, im a scientific kinda person its all about timing and the fact that my tubes were blocked with endo. on the bright side thrusday i received my last shot of the lupron and have a follow up with the f.s. on jan23rd. i will have to tell him that any fertility drug over 100 dollars a month i cannot afford, im hoping he will just say go for it,but in my heart i know i have only just touched the tip of the fertility iceberg and there will be lots more to come. i will keep you all updated.

12 years ago • Post starter

Yes, almost 6 years here. My exhusband and I started trying when I was 19 ,I am now 25.
Now have moved on from that relationship and kind of thankful he and I did not conceive.
But Now have a strong,awesome relationship of 3 yrs and we have not prevented but did not start trying full force til about 4-6 months.
I have been told I had/have PCOS. I have Irregular to no periods at times.
I've only been on Metformin for 9-10 months from sometime in 2008-Aug.2009
Ever OBGYN prescribes Birth Control knowing I am TCC! Pisses me off. Only had one to offer Clomid,but we were to early in our dating relationship to do that. I guess we should have taken the offer.

User ImageUser ImagePCOS/#1 BABY BLESSING BLISSUser Image User Image My Ovulation Chart

12 years ago

Hi guys,

First off, Aroma, so good to see you again, and see that you were able to get your tubes cleared out. I'm glad that was something that was able to be done for you. I remember your despair after your diagnosis.

AFM, we've been trying for about 5 and half years for #2. I'm on cycle 76 now (counted them up yesterday, lol!) We have male factor issues, low morphology.

It took us just over 2 years to conceive our DD.

I'm on my last IUI cycle, and will start clomid tomorrow, even though I ovulate normally. Our goal is extra eggs for DH's boys to find.

Good Luck to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

This will be my 4th year TTC. Just started clomid and injectables this cycle but pretty sure it didn't work as I'm spotting pretty heavily right now and AF is due Tuesday. One friend of mine just had twins, they weren't even trying, they were still planning their wedding. Another friend just told me a few weeks ago that she is 4 months pregnant and she was on BC at the time!!! And I swear if one more person tells me to just relax and stop trying so hard, I'm going to punch them in the throat! Ughhh, this is so frustrating. It doesn't help that my mother in-law calls EVERY month to ask me if I'm pregnant yet. WTF?

12 years ago

USMC, *hugs*

I had a step-cousin have two abortions in the time I've been trying, so I relate to the pain of having people around not try and pop them out like candy.

Does your MIL know you guys are trying? Sometimes a very blunt approach is needed to get those questions to stop. I had to do that with my Aunt. When she asked me for the umpteenth time (it was every time I saw her) I finally just said something to the effect that it wasn't up to me, it wasn't anything I had any control over, and her constant asking wasn't going to make it happen any faster. She got the hint, and hasn't asked since. That was about 2 years ago.

AFM,

I started my clomid, 100mg, last night. We have an U/S booked for Sunday to see how my follicles are doing. The nurse mentioned that she expected I'd only need the one U/S because I respond well and produce follicles very quickly. I will be doing an HCG trigger, and my IUI should be Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Good Luck to everyone!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Hi,
I know I'm a latecomer, but can I join your thread?

We have now been trying for 4 years. I have stage 2 Endo, but that hasn't caused me any problems in the 2 years since my last lap. Recent tests show that my ovaries and uterus are in top notch condition, though my partner's sperm is very slightly below average.

We are on the waiting list for IVF (currently 13 months in New Zealand), and it should be our turn early next year. In the meantime, I'd like to try something natural, so any suggestions from any of you would be much appreciated. I'm thinking about acupuncture as a good starting point.

I'm sad to read all your stories, but at the same time, it's nice to know I'm not alone.

I'm going to hope for a miracle, and wish that this cycle is the lucky one for all of us.

If anyone wants someone to talk to who is going through the same long wait, please do message me. Sometimes I think my partner gets sick of me going on about it, so it'd be nice to talk to someone else who understands.

Good luck to all you beautiful ladies. Our little babies are waiting for us, and they're lucky because they will be so wanted when they finally arrive.

xx Alix

12 years ago

Hi Alix. Have you guys considered IUI's while you are waiting for the IVF?

12 years ago

Hi lisserb - we were very keen on IUI, but have been advised by several different doctors that it probably won't work for us, therefore we've decided to save our money.

It's a hard decision, I can't help but wonder if IUI would work, and perhaps I'm making a mistake, but at $2000-$3000 per try, it'd be devastating to end up with nothing.

But, I can change my mind at any time, so who knows?

12 years ago

Alix,

Can I ask what testing you've had so far to lead your Dr to that determination? Has your DH had a semen analysis, and if so, what were his results?

When I was TTC my DD, after 2 years and lots of testing, we were told that IVF was our only hope. I pushed to try IUI first, because the cost in Canada is only about $300 for IUI as opposed to IVF which is over $10,000. Before we ever got to try the first IUI, I found out I was pregnant naturally. The Dr. was very wrong. At the time I got pregnant, I believe my DH had at least a 6% normal morphology, but it was probably a little higher. His last 4 S/A's have been 3% or less normal, with most at 1%. Given that, and 3 failed IUI's, we do believe that IVF at this point is our best chance, since my age is quickly becoming a factor.

I'm sorry IUI is so expensive for you where you live, and that the IVF wait list is so long.

I'm not a Dr, but I do like to research and have a lot of personal knowledge, so if you want to let me know what your diagnosis are, I can see what I can suggest for natural alternatives in the meantime.

Good Luck!

12 years ago

Wow - an amazing story.

Yes he has had a semen analysis, and I do have the exact facts and figures at home but cannot remember off the top of my head. I can however tell you that the morphology was the biggest concern, and motility was also below average, though not by as much.

I have had my tubes flushed to check they are clear (they are) and scans and blood tests to check the functionality of my ovaries (excellent), so it appears that my Endo has not caused too much damage, which is good news.

It's my understanding that their analysis of "you will not get pregnant on your own" comes from the fact that despite both being in our 20s and always timing the bd perfectly around ovulation, 4 years of trying has produced nothing. There is also a very strong history of conception/pregnancy issues through all the women in my family - my mother lost 9 babies between 3 and 7 months gestation before she managed to have me, for example. Her sisters were unable to get pregnant at all.

If IUI was $300 here, I'd do it every month! Everything in New Zealand is very expensive because none of it is subsidised by the government as they consider it all "elective" procedures, (which is odd, because this is the same government that classes infertility as a disease).

Our doctor has said that I can at any time call and organise an IUI cycle if I wish, but that for me it only carries about a 14% chance of success. I will think about what you've said, and discuss it with dh if I catch him in the right mood.

As far as our diagnosis, they have attributed our infertility to primarily my endometriosis and family history, and secondarily Nathan's S/A. A couple of days ago I had some blood tests done (8 of them) to determine whether I have any of the known conditions that cause repeated early miscarriage. I am waiting for the results and will let you know.

Thanks for your advice :)

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo