Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part 9

View Full Post

This forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara! We are a great bunch of ladies on here so feel free to share you TTC story!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

273 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 273 Replies | Last Page

I think blogging is nifty and wish I would have done it. Never too late I guess. Even if nobody reads it, it still feels amazing to write your thoughts down and get them out. Very cathartic!

Here's what I was told about the magic of HSG. Basically your tubes are full of gunk and stuff which is very normal and most sperm don't have a problem with it. However, sometimes you can have too much of a build up on one or both tubes and an HSG clears that up, sort of like a douche for your tubes lol. With my HSG, my left tube took a little longer for the dye to go through than the right but at the very end you could see the flow pick up big time. Doc said I had a slight blockage that the HSG corrected. So there ya have it. Also, I was told 3 months also. I hope it's the key for all you recent HSG ladies!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Amanda, it's never too late to start a blog. And I would for sure read it! Even if it's just about your journey of motherhood after infertility. I know I need a perspective about that so I know what to expect when it happens to me.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Hi everyone,

This one is my first round using clomid (100mg) and ovusitol (folic acid and inositol). I have polycystic ovaries and my dh and me have been ttc since january 2010.

Apart from that, we both are ok.

I'm on dpo14 and waiting for af during this week. Cross fingers! :) I'm actually desperate for test myself, but I don't know how, I think i'll wait till next sunday... grrr. My dh insist in that and i believe i have to held out patiently and relax...

FYI, I also heard that HSG is profitable during the next 3 months. Bc once is "clean", you take a few af to "get dirty".

TTC #1 since January 2010 3rd cycle 100g clomid (5-9) + acid folic + inositol PCOS User Image

11 years ago

Thanks for all the info on HSG. I'm off to have my test done:)

11 years ago

Good luck gunzz- let us know how it goes!

Welcome, Ice! You've been trying since 2010, but this is your first Clomid cycle? Were you doing anything up until then, or just trying naturally?

Do any of your RE's tell you not to temp during these medicated months? Mine tells me that all the time-- and I still do it bc I'm a control freak-- but now I'm wondering if I should just stop. I'm 3dpo and my temp isn't really rising that much, so it's messing with my head. I am 99% sure I ovulated- it seems pretty impossible that I didn't-- so should I just ignore my temps for a little?

And I agree with blogging or any type of writing being cathartic. Every month I think about how I should do it and how much it would help. I'm impressed that you guys do it and I can't wait to start reading!

11 years ago

@babypbaby,

We tried naturally for one year and a half bc we thought that everything was ok. During the next 6 months i saw that my doctor woldn't do anything good for me, so i changed it. And it was for good, bc my doctor was/is fantastic.

Then, it was when he told me that i have polycystic ovaries (first news!) and began a dull treatment, bc i didn't ovulate and my cycles last 60-70 days.

So, every few months (3-4 tops) he changed or raised my treatments to now, that this one is my first cycle with clomid, a. folic and inusitol all together. Before that, i took only a. folic and other pills.

i hope you understand me (i think i've wrote more mistakes than usual). i'm still learning english. Kisses!

TTC #1 since January 2010 3rd cycle 100g clomid (5-9) + acid folic + inositol PCOS User Image

11 years ago

PS. I forgot to say that was our fault that we wait for that long to do any treatments. We took it very very very relax and patient way and when we noticed, it'd been passed 2 years and a half! And now, i'm dpo14, only waiting for a few day and i'm nuts!

11 years ago

Ice, your English is fantastic!

11 years ago

Welcome Ice. Where are you from? Your english makes perfect sense to me. Good Luck!

babyp, yes, meds can wreak havoc on your temps, especially a trigger shot. Can't remember if you had one of those or not.

gunzzz, hope your hsg went well.

Amanda, any news on your HCG?

How is everyone else doing?

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

Hey Everyone,

My HSG test went well. They started with my right side first. The right side went a lot quicker than the left. The left side had a little build up. But nothing major. All tubes are clear:) I did find out that my uterus is slightly tilted. But my doctor said its normal to be slightly tilted. All in all great news!

My doctor does not want us to try again this month :( But for good reasons. He wants to be in control at day one of my cycle. Well today is day 10. He said He wants me on progesterone beginning day 3 of my cycle and then come back on day 12 for blood work and an ultrasound. Depending on the results he will induce ovulation or hold off on it. I guess next month a lot will be going on.

If I have any advice the HSG really was not bad. I did cramp a lot during the procedure. Afterwards I did feel a little woozy. I would recommend taking the entire day off. I slept most of the day, primarily due to the medication. But I'm not taking anymore. My doctor did say it can help some women get pregnant up to three months afterwards.

Good luck to everyone

Ashley

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo