Community post

Discussion

Our Journey Part 9: Success, Setbacks, and Hope!

View Full Post

There have been successes, sadness, setbacks, but the biggest theme has been hope and prayers for our fellow sisters.

Welcome to Part 9. Here's hoping that we all find our BFP's before the end of this thread!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

226 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 226 Replies | Last Page

Lis I'm praying for you. Dh's numbers seem really good this time. Please keep us posted. And thank you for sharing your blog. I don't know how to follow a blog, but I would like too. Do I have to have a blog to follow yours? I normally just click on the link Jess tags in her signature on here to keep up with hers. Anyways, yes, this thread has sadly become a ghost thread :( but its so great to hear from you.

Miss all you ladies.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

11 years ago

Hi ladies

Shea I hope the pregnancy is going well. It's normal to feel anxious, you'll be fine because you are a strong woman!

Lis all the very best of luck with IUI#9 and with using letrozole. It has been an absolute miracle drug for me. I'm responding very well to it. Just got to get the bloody timing right now! Argh! I'm currently in my TWW but not holding out any hope for a lil bean this cycle. I will most certainly follow your blog, you are a true inspiration! Nice to see a pic of you and DD too, lovely :)

Hope all the other TTC ladies are doing well xx

TC - Jani

11 years ago

Jani, can you ask for ultrasound monitoring and a trigger? OPKs were not reliable for me at all, so our timing was always off with them.

Shea, I have a bloglines account and I put all the links for blogs I read there. Then, when the author updates, it shows me that they have posted.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

Hey Lis, I'm getting the full cycle tracking from the clinic I'm going to but because I got AF during the Xmas break (and I was away in another State) they advised me to try the letrozole for another cycle and they told me to come by for blood work at CD18 (that's when they picked up my surge last time) this time however, I ovulated earlier! So when I had my blood work Sunday the nurses confirmed I'd already ovulated.

DH and I were active during my fertile time, but I'm not so sure because I don't know which day I ovulated :S (I think it was Fri 11th or Sat 12th and we BD'd 6th,7th,8th,9th&10th NOT 11th or 12th which is a bummer!) oh well, we'll find out in 2 weeks!

Sounds like we are only a day or so apart! Hope it's good news for both of us FX

(sorry that was the long answer but thanks for asking!)

11 years ago

Hi ladies! Good to see everyone is still hanging around and chugging along!

AFM- had visit with the OB/GYN that specializes in difficult fertility cases. I really liked him, but then again I like all the Dr's on the first visit. We'll see if he can do what he promises.

They tested my blood for EVERYTHING! Since I have thyroid issues and MTHFR, the two major areas they checked were autoimmune disorders and blood clotting disorders. Thankfully my immune response is appropriate so no isses there. I do however have another blood clotting disorder AND an issue with my blood vessels spasming.

I have just been diagnosed with Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) . Loooong story short--- my body doesn't break down blood clots and that is especially dangerous for little embryos trying to implant. In addition to blood clots I also don't convert angiotensin I to angiotensin II (ACE)..that means my blood vessels spasm. So my tiny little uterus blood vessels spasm and have a blood clot in them. My Dr is going to prescribe Lovenox starting on the day of +OPK.

My Vit D is also extrememly low despite taking 5,000 iu daily. So now I take prescription Vit D for 12 weeks.

Should have AF today. Then we will do all the hormone labs again with a repeat HSG to verify everything is working.

I was initially so excited to hear that a little Lovenox would be the fix but now doubt is creeping in....what if my tubes aren't open? What if I don't ovulate regularly? What if...what if...what if... And for that I pray and have faith. I pray alot lately and it's helping me.

One bit a funny IF desperation that I'm sure you can all appreciate...did you know if you stare at a negative HPT long enough, the second line starts to appear? Yep. LIke an optical illusion. I stared long enough and swore I saw a second line starting to appear. I blinked and it was gone. :(

Onward and upward ladies! It's a new year, I have a new Dr and a new perspective on things. I know whatever happens, I will be OK :)

11/07/09 ~ "natural" 11/20/09 saw heartbeat 12/9/09 D&C 07/12/10 ~ "natural" 07/27/10 ectopic (Methotrexate) 2/10/12 "Clomid, injectibles, IUI x2" 2/16/12 chemical 2/16/2013 Clomid, injectibles, no IUI 2/21/2013 chemical

11 years ago

Jen,

I have totally seen that second line appear where there wasn't one!

I can't remember if you've had an HSG done? That would tell if your tubes are open.

I'm glad they are going to get you on the Lovenox right away. I'm going to try the aspirin first, because my Dr. said that I may not need the lovenox, since I carried a pregnancy to term with a healthy baby. In the reading I've done though, I learned that the gene clotting mutation I have can cause IUGR in a fetus. When I was pregnant, they thought my daughter did have that, because on one ultrasound she was measuring way behind in everything except her head and belly. Turns out it was in the middle of a growth spurt and she was caught up by the next ultrasound 2 weeks later. I'm wondering now if she did actually have a bit of it?

I hope that the changes that you are making now are enough to help you get and stay pregnant. I know you guys aren't keen on doing more IUI's, but what about some more cycle tracking (opks, progesterone at 7dpo to confirm ovulation, etc) and then if it becomes necessary a couple cycles of clomid or femara with timed bd'ing?

Wishing you luck this cycle!

Jani, I hope we both get our BFP's at the end of this cycle!

Hey all, just a quick update. I'll update my blog tomorrow.

I am 7dpiui now and I'm going for a progesterone check today. I'll get the results tomorrow. I have been testing out the trigger. There was still a super faint line there yesterday on one brand (dollar store cassette). I used another cheapy (dip strip style) last night and this morning. They both have faint lines that are a bit darker than the other type. I also had a bit of pink cm last night, which got me all excited, since its way to early for AF spotting. I'm hoping that its implantation.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Oh my gosh Lis so excited for you! Good luck with your test results tmrw. And pls continually update us! Any other symptoms yet?

I'm experiencing some AF type cramping (doesn't feel like the same cramping I got the time I was pregnant) so I'm not so confident this cycle :( it is very early for me to get cramping at this stage of my cycle though :/
Also bb's are very tender, full and heavy (which is similar to what I usually get every cycle so not reading into that too much either)

Anyway good luck!! I'm praying you get your BFP!!

11 years ago

Lis that's great news. Keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer! I had either implantation spotting or ovulation bleeding. I'm unsure of which.

Lilone- keep faith dear. It's going to happen :)

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

11 years ago

I'm pissed off! My right tube is blocked! wtf! I had an HSG in 2011 after the ectopic that showed the right tube was open but there was some blockage on the left that was cleared out after the procedure. Now the right is blocked. FML. So now the plan is Clomid starting today (CD6) x5 says. Then Estradiol check next Monday (CD12). If it's not over ? or over? (i forgot) 200 then we will do Follistem. I think there is an ultrasound sometime next week to see how many follicles?

The Dr said my right paraovarian cyst on the right could be blocking the tube or it could be other blockage. They will watch it for a couple of cycles then decide if I need a laparoscopic procedure to open it up.

I'm mad. sad. ugh. One minute I'm hopeful the HSG opened the tube & the drugs will make lots of eggies with a bfp soon. I've read so many hopeful stories of that scenario. then the next I'm scared this is all for nothing and I'll never be a mom.

do you ladies have any thoughts on what to do?

11/07/09 ~ "natural" 11/20/09 saw heartbeat 12/9/09 D&C 07/12/10 ~ "natural" 07/27/10 ectopic (Methotrexate) 2/10/12 "Clomid, injectibles, IUI x2" 2/16/12 chemical 2/16/2013 Clomid, injectibles, no IUI 2/21/2013 chemical

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo