Community post

Discussion

Our Journey Part 9: Success, Setbacks, and Hope!

View Full Post

There have been successes, sadness, setbacks, but the biggest theme has been hope and prayers for our fellow sisters.

Welcome to Part 9. Here's hoping that we all find our BFP's before the end of this thread!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

226 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 226 Replies | Last Page

Great result Lis, I'm pulling for you too. Much prefer this way to IVF but you have to do what you need to for that lil bundle. Keep us updated! How do you manage to stay sane every month? I just about go crazy no matter how much time has passed.

Thanks Jess for taking time out of your (very) busy schedule for your advice :-) sounds like hsg is next on the cards if I don't fall pg in a few cycles. Glad to hear Matthew is doing well (despite the few little hiccups, which will hopefully pass for you soon). I'm not sure how you're staying sane either with everything you have going on!

I'm CD14 today. I haven't detected my surge yet so looks like O will be a few days late (hopefully!) DH and I have been BD'ing like crazy anyway LOL

Any more news about Shea and the new lil one?

11 years ago

Jani, I look at ttc and infertility like a journey. There is an end to it, and one way or another I know what the ending will be. Whether that child is from my body or from my heart doesn't matter to me. I believe that my life as it stands is pretty good, so I need to live and enjoy the life I have already while taking the journey to getting a(nother) child.

I really try not to stress or get depressed about failed cycles. It happens, and it's beyond my control. What ever will be, will be. It helps for sure that I have my daughter already, but I felt the same during the 26 cycles it took to conceive her too.

I saw a saying once that always stuck with me. Don't be so focused on the end of the journey that you miss the scenery along the way. It's how I choose to live my life. I enjoy the daily scenery, knowing that this is a journey, and I will eventually get to my destination. :)

My ending is coming up really fast now though, lol!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

Lis those are strong, positive words and a great reminder for me and others. I can not lose sight of the bigger picture, I know we'll all get there (one way or another) Thank you :)

11 years ago

My IUI is done, so I'm officially in the TWW now. DH had 96.8 million as a total count, with 52% motile and 2% morphology. They got 12 million post-wash, which is pretty good.

We leave for a cruise right at the end of the TWW, so I'm good with either outcome, but I need to know if I am pg before we leave so I can get some pg safe anti-nausea drugs, lol!

All the very best this cycle Lis! Pulling for you!
Enjoy your cruise too, how exciting!

*sigh* CD16, I don't think I'm going to O this cycle. No surge detected, and no other symptoms of O that I usually get! So frustrating, it's like the universe is just trying to tell me something *sigh* hard to stay positive when you are constantly getting setbacks /end rant.

11 years ago

Jani, did you get a surge? If you didn't, I'd maybe take a break from the meds for a cycle or two, get an HSG done and ask your RE about having monitored cycle with a trigger shot. There is no point in using the meds if you aren't ovulating even with them.

AFM, I gave myself a booster trigger yesterday at 3dpiui. I tried to figure out the half life numbers, and it looks like it will be detectable in my system until 12-13dpiui. I'll be testing it out my trigger shot, and I'll probably post my pics next week. :)

Hi Lis, I'm feeling much better. I was really on a low that day I posted.

To be honest I stopped checking for a surge after that because I was getting so frustrated. But 2 days ago I got a huge glob of ewcm, so we've been back at it again :) I'm not sure whether it was an O sign (BB's still not sore like usual) but we'll see what happens in a couple of weeks' time.

You give good advice I do plan on seeing my FS after these couple weeks go by. I will bring up hsg and trigger. Thanks so much :)

I'm starting work again on Monday, so excited! And it will give me so much more to think about other than TTC!

Good luck Lis, can't wait to see some pics again! Would love to see another bfp, especially from you.

Hope all you other ladies are getting by and remaining positive xx

11 years ago

Hi all

Sorry I'm just now updating. Life has been super busy lately and we just got Internet today. I had been going to my parents and using theirs but since baby has arrived I haven't been many places. I've been thinking of y'all. Little man decided he wanted to come early (barely made it to 36 weeks). I had went to the dr that Monday because I had been having some cramping the night before and DHs step mom suggested that I call "just in case" it had caused me to dialate. So I went in and was 4cm and they sent me straight to the hospital and by the time I got checked in I was almost 6cm and the nurse said she could stretch me to 7 but wouldn't. At this point I wasn't even having painful contractions. They felt like Braxton hicks (just tightening). Dr came in and said he would have to break my water and after much coaxing from family and staff I decided to get the epidural for precautionary measures (I just had a gut feeling). And after 2 1/2 hours of pushing I was so glad I did. They took me in for an emergency c-section because baby had the cord wrapped around his neck and feet. Thankfully god brought both of us through and I owe him all the praise. Recovery hasn't been easy but it has been oh so worth it.

Praying for all of you to have miracles soon. Ill check back in later. Love you all.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

11 years ago

Hi everyone! You all have been on my mind lately. I'm hoping everyone is doing well.

Ya know, this is probably the one place I like hearing about pregnancy & babies because it gives me hope. When I hear about those things on Facebook or at work..well...it doesn't inspire hope.

AFM-Since chemical (still HATE that word) in Feb, I've been dieting, getting accupuncture, and working on managing stress and I started Metformin. Been reading that too much circulating insulin (insulin not used by the cell) inhibits the production of a healthy egg. They poor egg quality then results in low progesterone (I have CHRONIC low progesterone) and frequent early miscarriages (I've had 4). So I'm hoping the Metformin in addition to a healthy diet will help me lose weight and increase my egg quality.

I'm also starting to think about adoption again. It just seems so expensive and overwhelming. We should probably go see a Social Worker just to have our questions anwered.

My accupuncturist said I will need about 3 mons of treatment before we try again. That should put us around June to try again. I'm ok with that. I'm tired. Tired of all of the stress, testing, poking, proding, hoping and praying. It's nice to be on a break and just focus on my overall health, not just the health of my uterus ;)

Again, hope you ladies are doing well. It's been quiet on here so I guess we are all busy on our journeys.

11/07/09 ~ "natural" 11/20/09 saw heartbeat 12/9/09 D&C 07/12/10 ~ "natural" 07/27/10 ectopic (Methotrexate) 2/10/12 "Clomid, injectibles, IUI x2" 2/16/12 chemical 2/16/2013 Clomid, injectibles, no IUI 2/21/2013 chemical

11 years ago

You've got a good solid plan and a great outlook Jen! I know how hard this is, and how tiring the constant trying can be.

Shea, I'm so glad to hear from you, and so thrilled that your little guy is here safe and sound!

Jani, how are you?

AFM, after a crazy ride testing out the booster trigger i did at 3dpiui (that never actually went away, it just faded to a super faint but visible line and that I completely forgot to post pictures for, oops!), AF found me at 5am. Kinda hard to be sad when a great vacation is waiting in 4 days. Of course, I want to be pg, but it's going to be much more relaxing not worrying if there is a bean in the right place or if the numbers are doing what they should. We will be full tilt into IVF prep when we get back.

That is literally what my money's on. Haha!

Have a good day all!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo