Community post

Discussion

Our Journey Part 9: Success, Setbacks, and Hope!

View Full Post

There have been successes, sadness, setbacks, but the biggest theme has been hope and prayers for our fellow sisters.

Welcome to Part 9. Here's hoping that we all find our BFP's before the end of this thread!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

226 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 226 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies! Thanks for all the encouraging words.

Lis I'm so sorry about the flooding and setbacks. That's aweful but I agree that maybe it is best to wait. It seems like September would be ideal. I also like to tell myself "everything happens for a reason" ;) praying for you and stay safe!

Jess I still have faith. They thought BB was etopic. Progesterone was really low (like 11 I think) too so just keep praying. Yes, I did delete my Facebook. There is too much family drama and I got tired of dealing with and seeing it. Also a so called friend misconstrued one of my posted and tried to make out like DH and I were having problems (which we aren't). Sigh when I have time to get on there and delete a majority of my "friends" I will get it back :)

Lilone- so great to hear from you but hate that you are still waiting! Saying a special prayer for all you ladies tonight. Hugs.

STL I'm so sorry for you loss. I know that it is a heart wrenching process. Big hugs. Good luck at your appointment though! Adoption is wonderful. my older sister was "grown in the heart instead of the tummy". Also if you would like to breastfeed an adopted baby it is totally possible. I ran across alot of information on it during this relactation journey.

Afm- nothing too new. Still working with the milk supply. It really can take alot out of you if you let it. But good news is that my supply has went from drops to a few short sprays :) little milestones. Dr said baby sounded a little better but to continue on with breathing treatments. I'm trying to be supportive and help my dad stop smoking (after almost dying of pneumonia and a collapsed lung on top of his new diagnosis of COPD I think it's time). Other than that it's just day by day :) love you all and praying for y'all.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

10 years ago

Hi ladies! Thanks for all the encouraging words.

Lis I'm so sorry about the flooding and setbacks. That's aweful but I agree that maybe it is best to wait. It seems like September would be ideal. I also like to tell myself "everything happens for a reason" ;) praying for you and stay safe!

Jess I still have faith. They thought BB was etopic. Progesterone was really low (like 11 I think) too so just keep praying. Yes, I did delete my Facebook. There is too much family drama and I got tired of dealing with and seeing it. Also a so called friend misconstrued one of my posted and tried to make out like DH and I were having problems (which we aren't). Sigh when I have time to get on there and delete a majority of my "friends" I will get it back :)

Lilone- so great to hear from you but hate that you are still waiting! Saying a special prayer for all you ladies tonight. Hugs.

STL I'm so sorry for you loss. I know that it is a heart wrenching process. Big hugs. Good luck at your appointment though! Adoption is wonderful. my older sister was "grown in the heart instead of the tummy". Also if you would like to breastfeed an adopted baby it is totally possible. I ran across alot of information on it during this relactation journey.

Afm- nothing too new. Still working with the milk supply. It really can take alot out of you if you let it. But good news is that my supply has went from drops to a few short sprays :) little milestones. Dr said baby sounded a little better but to continue on with breathing treatments. I'm trying to be supportive and help my dad stop smoking (after almost dying of pneumonia and a collapsed lung on top of his new diagnosis of COPD I think it's time). Other than that it's just day by day :) love you all and praying for y'all.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

10 years ago

Hi ladies! I wanted to give an update on the adoption meeting, but I'm kinda in a funk today. AF is late. I'm day 34 today. My cycles range from 28-33 days. The only time I've been to CD34 is when I'm pregnant. I don't even remember the last time DH & BD so I really don't think I'm preggo. I was so ready to be done with this BS of hoping..wondering..praying..then nothing. I wasn't even thinking about when AF should come until I started to feel miserable PMS, bloated, breast pain, and eating a lot. I was a little tipsy Friday and took a digital HPT. I had some left with no plans to use them again, and the liquor gave me the courage to try it. I didn't want to see a "NOT PREGNANT". But of course that's what it said. Today with 3rd morning urine, I took a Wondfo test. (I really hate these. Don't buy them. They are cheap but not very sensitive and it takes forever for the test line to show up.) Anyway, it's looking like it's negative. But with my last pregnancy in Feb, it took hours before the positive line showed up. That pregnancy had an HCG of 7 and ended in a miscarriage. So here I am again...f***. Peeing on sticks and opening the door I locked all of my baby hopes in. I'm sick of this.

Bleh.

Ok-- adoption meeting. It went well. Really liked the director and the program. She was a realist that didn't paint fancy picture. She said it's a long road with disappointment and more pain for us because we've been trying and have already experienced loss. Bleh again. I want a newborn but that's rare. There is a place in California that solicits pregnant mom's and for $20 000 -$40 000 we can work with them. They place newborns in about 3 mos or less. We just don't have that kind of money. The whole process is frustrating. I was so happy and excited when I left there because I knew eventually adoption would work! Eventually we would have someone to call us mom & dad. We don't know the race or age of the child, but eventually there will be a child to fill our hearts. Today though, I'm feeling overwhelmed by the process and frustrated that we even are in this situation.

Sorry for another long post. You ladies are the only place I can really vent about this.

Hope you guys are in better place than I am right now.

11/07/09 ~ "natural" 11/20/09 saw heartbeat 12/9/09 D&C 07/12/10 ~ "natural" 07/27/10 ectopic (Methotrexate) 2/10/12 "Clomid, injectibles, IUI x2" 2/16/12 chemical 2/16/2013 Clomid, injectibles, no IUI 2/21/2013 chemical

10 years ago

Big Hugs Jen! I hope you are out of your limbo waiting for AF.

I'm glad your adoption meeting went well. It is really hard to process everything related to all this. I know my own emotions go up and down from excited to start IVF to completely ambivalent about it. I think it's a natural part of processing everything.

The end result will be that a child will call you mom, its just the road to get there is a little unknown right now.

Sending thoughts your way!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago • Post starter

I just wanted to give a little update. I got my meds for my IVF. I had a positive opk yesterday, so I'm about 14 days away from starting my last cycle ever!

I'll post my progress.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Lis - all the very best of luck your way hun! I'll pray AND cross my fingers & toes AND send positive vibes out there for you! You and your family are most deserving and I'll be thinking of you! Please do keep us updated :)

Jess - I hope everything is okay and you are well and truly out of limbo? I stupidly haven't saved the link to your blog so I'm not up on the latest... I hope you and your family are well :)

Shea - I hope you are well too! I hope your lil man is doing well and growing big and strong (and you've stopped being so hard on yourself!)

Jen - How are you hun? What's the latest with your adoption journey? I hope you're doing well!

I've had no changes :( I've just finished my last round of femara tablets (that is, I've run out!), so getting ready to do the BD. If still no pregnancy will go back to my FS for more intensive testing - but it'll have to wait until November because hubby and I are off to Europe in October...I still remain patient, persistent & positive!

TC ladies xx

10 years ago

Lisser - praying for you dear! Last round of ivf how exciting and terrifying at the same time!

Lil - hope this round of femara works for you! How exciting to go on vaca soon! :-) so sorry you haven't gotten your bfp yet, but glad you and your hubby can enjoy each other during this time! My blog is: mynotesonttcandlife.blogspot.com

as for me...these past few weeks have FLOWN by. I did an up getting the methotrexate shot, they called it possible ectopic, but it was more like pregnancy of unknown location. Fallopian tube showed nothing, uterus showed nothing. I had spotting the beginning of this month and kept waiting for AF to show. But 13 days after that I ovulated for the first time, so I think it was a light cycle due to annovulation. We kind of prevented this cycle. Last time we had sex before ovulation was 3-4 days before. (Which really is when we got pregnant the most...so who knows). I am about 5dpo right now. I am not going to test until 14dpo, or 15dpo if AF doesn't show. Been taking 5mg of folic acid, and will continue on that until next cycle then will drop back down to my 4mg. Taking my baby aspirin, and prenatal, along with my metformin.

Other news, I passed my semester of nursing school....pharm and med-surge were a looooong semester. The next semester? MOTHER BABY!! I am BEYOND excited!!! I am looking forward to helping someone deliver, watch a c-section, and see little miracles be born! Matthew is now almost 9 months old, he started army crawling, he is a little ham, and is unfortunately still sleeping with us in our bed, it is proving to be quite hard to transition him to his crib. we are going to work on that this week. Say a prayer for me!!!

hope all is well with all of you. sorry life has gotten in the way of our quiet little thread. I think of you ladies often still! But never have the time to compose my thoughts.

Me-25 (PCOS, MTHFR, UU) DH-27 (perfect). Matthew 11/24/12 (born induced 36w5d due to low amniotic fluid) Our story: Began TTC July 2010, 6 losses: 11/14/10. Early m/c, 12/25/10 Blighted Ovum, 6/29/11 Early m/c, 11/11 early m/c, 3/8/12 Early m/c, 6/29/13 suspected ectopic. Currently breastfeeding and NTNP. hoping to lose weight And blessed with another miracle baby! Follow my blog : http://mynotesonttcandlife.blogspot.com/

10 years ago

Hello!

I'm new to this site...and I'm enjoying it!

Its been a very rough ride for my hubby and I too! :( I'm thinking this is just the place for me! Been trying for 10 years now! Few miscarriages but no baby yet! In fertility now...on meds...Femara! Gonna be starting IUI's soon!

Like I read on here...its so hard at times! Girls, woman...some of them get pregnant with no problems at all!!! Makes me sooooo mad! Some don't take care of them, and some just keep popping them out like crazy!!! And I'm sitting here dying for 1 baby...doing everything right and NOTHING!!

Its been a real roller coaster ride on me that I have to step back at times! I have to stop obsessing about having a child and take care of me! I have become very depressed in the past, I've become very obsessed, I've came to the point where I talked, breathe anything baby! It takes over my world after a while! How can it not? 10 years is a really long time...now come on god...help me out...I'm getting old! LOL

Can't wait to talk with more of you and share our struggles, our dreams, our successes ECT...

Baby Dust to all of you!!! ;)

10 years ago

Thanks for your kind words Jess, I hope femara works for me this cycle too! ;) and CONGRATS on passing your latest semester! What a wonderful accomplishment - keep up your hard work!

Welcome to this thread Saweetsoul - we don't update as frequently as we used to, but we still keep each other updated and always offer support where we can! Good luck on your femara journey and keep us updated! 10 years is a long time, I hope you see that BFP soon!

TC ladies xx

10 years ago

So...a funny thing happened on the way to IVF.

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo