Community post

Discussion

Our Journey Part 9: Success, Setbacks, and Hope!

View Full Post

There have been successes, sadness, setbacks, but the biggest theme has been hope and prayers for our fellow sisters.

Welcome to Part 9. Here's hoping that we all find our BFP's before the end of this thread!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

226 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 226 Replies | Last Page

I forgot to book mark this new thread and have been out of the loop. so tired right now, and have a busy day tomorrow. Wednesday I will write individually.

I think my headaches are due to low blood pressure. I get them when my BP is low 100s or below/low 70s.

I have been monitoring BP and taking BP meds only when I NEED them. and guess what? No headaches, magically. I haven't told the doctors this yet. I see my usual doctor next week (the 14th) for my growth u/s and will bring it up to her.

Had u/s & NST today to check on baby (weekly appts are kicking me in the butt on top of school and work!!)...baby is still doing well, amniotic fluid was great, and I got to see little buddy breathing!! No protein in my urine and BP is down at home so doctor isn't concerned at all about it.

I am exhausted and have a busy day tomorrow so I am going to go hit the hay (and pray acid reflux doesn't hit 3 hours into my sleep, it wakes me up more than needing to pee does).

Me-25 (PCOS, MTHFR, UU) DH-27 (perfect). Matthew 11/24/12 (born induced 36w5d due to low amniotic fluid) Our story: Began TTC July 2010, 6 losses: 11/14/10. Early m/c, 12/25/10 Blighted Ovum, 6/29/11 Early m/c, 11/11 early m/c, 3/8/12 Early m/c, 6/29/13 suspected ectopic. Currently breastfeeding and NTNP. hoping to lose weight And blessed with another miracle baby! Follow my blog : http://mynotesonttcandlife.blogspot.com/

11 years ago

Lis, how have you been holding up? Been thinking bout you today.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

11 years ago

I'm confused again, lol! I had ewcm yesterday and the day before. I took an opk yesterday that was not positive, but had a definite second line. I started spotting red this afternoon. I got a blaring positive OPK at the same time.

I'm going to bullet point this, so that I can talk myself through it too, hahaha!

Sept 30 - CD1
Oct 9 - trigger shot
Oct 11 - IUI
Oct 24 - CD25, 13dpiui, faint BFP
Oct 25 - CD26, 14dpiui, beta 7
Oct 26 - CD27, 15dpiui, red bleeding, BFP (CD1?)
Oct 28 - CD29, 17dpiui, red spotting, beta 22
Oct 30 - CD31, 19dpiui, very light spotting, beta 31
Nov 1 - CD33, 21dpiui, no spotting, beta 18
Nov 4 - CD36, 24dpiui, EWCM
Nov 5 - CD 37, 25dpiui, no spotting BFN, beta 4, EWCM, almost positive OPK
Nov 6 - CD38, red spotting, very positive OPK (CD12?)

I have no idea what to think. I see my RE on Thursday. I'll just have to wait to see if this spotting turns into anything. I'll be cranky if it does and then I get another AF in two weeks.

Otherwise, I'm doing okay. I've caught my DD's cold, but emotionally I'm fine.

Hope all is well with everyone else!

Shea, you are half-way there! Yay!

Jen...miss you, hope you are okay.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

Lis that is crazy. Let us know what the dr has to say about it.

Sorry I can't update more. I'm having a bad day and have a lot going on. Ill fill y'all in when I get a chance.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

11 years ago

Lis what did your RE say?

I'm headed to take my dad to the dr. He has to have shots every month that my grandmother (a retired LPN) is able to give him at home. Well, I guess she gave him a "bad" shot because the arm she gave it to him in is now infected and swollen. I don't know if she tried to reuse a needle or didn't sterilize properly, I don't know. I do know that my dad is diabetic and easily susceptible to infection and if she tried to do either of those things, she should be ashamed. That's just one of the many things I've been worrying about the last few days though. My main concern anyways. Ill update you guys later. Praying for each of you.

11 years ago

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA for a while. Let me catch up a little..

LilOne82: Hang in there. It ain't over 'ti it's over. And I agree, I hate progesterone supplements. By BBs hurt, I'm exhausted, and overall an emotional wreck. But if it makes a lilttle bean stick, so well worth it! Keep us posted.

Lis : You are an amazingly strong woman. I admire your courage. I also admire your plan! It sounds very solid and leaves no room for "what if". Take a month off to heal your heart and get ready for a busy TTC month!

Shea: Your belly is adorable. So nice to see that people actually do get pregnant & have babies. Thanks for sharing your pic.

Karen: AF sounds horrible! Bleh. Were you on progesterone? It makes mine very heavy. Although, after getting accupuncture, AF is lighter & less painful.

Ok..now for me..I need to take a break from TTC for a while. I feel like I only have so much time/energy in a day, and TTC was starting to take all of it. I work FT at a great job, but it's very busy. My home life is very hectic. We have been remodeling our basement and our entire house is a mess. We were gutted to the foundation and are building it back up. You can imagine what the rest of the house is like! My mom has Alzheimers and was placed in a nursing home this year. I'm busy taking care of her finances and closing out her personal affairs. I'm also in the last month of my master's degree. School is kicking my butt! DH is getting knee surgery next week. Through all of this I'm struggling with an overeating addictions. So I'm really starting to feel completely stressed.

After last month's perfect 28 day cycle, BD day before OPK & day after OPK...with a BFN...I finally learned the hard lesson that it isn't up to me, it's up to God. I have given control of my body to God, I've given control of my life to God, and I'm trusting in HIS ways. This is a process and a journey for me. But I've found that after doing this, I'm OK with my life. I used to have thoughts of "Oh its Halloween. That'a a holiday for kids. I wish I had a baby to dress up. I don't so I'm a failure." Or with Thanksgiving coming up I would really be upset becuase it's a family holiday and DH & I aren't a "family." I have learned that I am exactly as God formed me. So for right now...I'm enjoying DH & my life. We are having sex for fun, not because we have to. In fact our schedules fell so we would have had to work hard to BD around Ov time (not taking OPK but my body tells me when) and I didn't push the issue. I'm enjoying a month of not stressing.

Now next month...I might get the baby bug and be at it hardcore again! LOL

Sorry this is so long. I hope it makes sense to some people and lets people know that sometimes it's OK just to pause and breathe. It will be ok :)

11/07/09 ~ "natural" 11/20/09 saw heartbeat 12/9/09 D&C 07/12/10 ~ "natural" 07/27/10 ectopic (Methotrexate) 2/10/12 "Clomid, injectibles, IUI x2" 2/16/12 chemical 2/16/2013 Clomid, injectibles, no IUI 2/21/2013 chemical

11 years ago

Hey girls.

Jen, glad you stopped in. Does sound like you have a ton on your plate right now. Take care of you and things will fall into place when and how they are meant to.

Shea, I'm sorry about your dad. I hope he recovers quickly.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

I have a positive story for you guys. A miracle really. I have a friend who has been trying for a baby for 15 years. She has PCOS, thyroid issues and blood pressure issues. Her husband had an issue with his testicles and had one removed. It wasn't cancer, but he had been termed infertile. They adopted 3 bio siblings from foster care over the last 8 years, and had been living their lives as a complete family. They have just received the most wonderful miracle news. They are pregnant, naturally after 15 years on not ever conceiving once, with twins!

It can happen when you least expect it to!

AFM, I am now part of the recurrent pregnancy loss program at my RE's. I have to go for a full panel of bloodwork on my next CD3 to check for a laundry list of issues. Hopefully that will provide some answers and some easy fixes if there is anything there.

The spotting I had the day of the positive OPK stopped right away, and I had more EWCM then next day, so I believe that my cycle is in line with what it would have been if that bleed before the HCG went up was CD1. I'm going to consider it as that. My Dr. said I may or may not have more bleeding this cycle, but I honestly doubt I will.

I probably won't get to do my next IUI until January now, so I'll just enjoy the break until I get the go ahead to move ahead. We won't prevent, but I'm doubtful anything would come of it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

11 years ago • Post starter

Jen- thank you. And you most certainly aren't a failure. I think you have a lot on your plate too and a break sounds like a good idea if you feel you need it. Holidays are always stressful times anyways (great times but stressful times) and it may make it more enjoyable. I'm praying for you. Who knows, you may get pregnant on your break! Lots...well actually I think most all the women on this thread got pregnant on a break. Big hugs.

Lis that is truly a miracle story! And I'm glad your RE is going to be running tests. Praying hard for you!

Ill write everyone more later. Today is errand day.

11 years ago

Hi Lis, Jen, Shea, Karen and Jess (did I leave anyone out?!)

CD1 for me today :( at least I was able to successfully pinpoint O this cycle which I'm very happy about... Onto the next cycle!

Not long until next year and I have a feeling we'll all be seeing our BFP's!!

Xx

11 years ago

I just found out my DH took ecstasy for 2yrs before we met and wondering if that has made him infertile??

Im foaming he didnt tell me

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo