Community post

Discussion

anyone been trying for 2 yrs or more out there?

View Full Post

It has been over 2 years of trying for me, I'm currently on lupron till the end of february, which means im in menopause so it kills off my remaining endo. I had surgery at the end of oct 2011 and thats what they found. they did manage to clear my tubes but put me on the lupron to kill off the microscopic endo that they couldn't get.. i don't know what is to happen next, but i know i cannot afford any major fertility treatments as dh insurance doesn't cover it :(.. Just wondering if there are any girls out there who are in my situation, and how do you really stay positive after over 24 months of ttcing? I really want a baby, if its the last thing i do, but financially the road may end soon. im just trying not to think about it.. and pleasedon't tell me its in gods hands and it will happen,because after more than 2 yrs,im tired of getting my hopes up for nothing. yes im a little negative but wouldn't you be after this long.

54 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

41 - 50 of 54 Replies | Last Page

Alix,

If you get the opportunity, I'm interested to know what your DH's S/A numbers were.

There are some herbs and vitamins that you can get your DH to take that can help increase the morphology and motility numbers, if he's not already taking anything. I'll have to look them up again, but off the top of my head I know these ones...
a good multivitamin
vitamin C and E
selenium
lycopene
zinc
Folic Acid
Maritime Pine bark (Pycnogenol)
and L-carnitine if you can get it there. It's not available in Canada.

There are a few "complete" fertility vitamins like Fertilaid, Fertility Blend and Conception XR. My DH took them for a few months here and there, and we didn't notice any huge changes in his counts. When he was taking the maritime pine bark (generic pycnogenol), his counts were better but still not great. He ran out and I didn't get anymore yet, but I think I will. He hasn't taken all of the separate vitamins consistently for three months at a time yet to really notice any difference, but I've read some great results from others who have had some good changes.

Sperm gets regenerated every 72-90 days, so if your DH starts taking any of this stuff, get him to do another S/A three months later.

If you are all clear and ovulating normally each month, do you track your ovulation by temping BBT or with OPK?

I think your idea of acupuncture certainly won't hurt anything. I have a friend who had success with that.

It really sucks that IUI is so expensive for you. It's not covered at all here in Canada either, but it's definitely cheaper than where you are. I believe it's cheaper for us than the in the US too.

Anyway, I hope I've helped.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

I have been TTC my 2nd, me and my fiance's 1st, since Nov 2009 with not a spec of luck. I haven't even had a miscarriage. Every month, disappointment after disappointment. It is so depressing. It seems like everyone around me is getting prego or having more babies, even those people who don't deserve it!! It's so unfair! What about me!!??!

I feel hopeless sometimes about it. My fiance says he is fine with us just having my daughter (he's been around since she was 5m old), and we are going to start being foster parents this year. We may end up getting a beautiful baby that way that we get to adopt. I guess God has a plan! Just wish it included my fiance and I conceiving and having a child that is ours by blood and the experience of pregnancy together.

Good luck girls, I'm sending out prayers for you all!

12 years ago

Hi Dee,

Has your fiance had a semen analysis done? Good for you guys for choosing to foster. Good luck!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

We've been TTC #2 for 2.5 years now. We've gone thru one miscarriage and one ectopic pregnancy in which my left tube was removed. I've done 5 rounds, I think (lol), of 50mg clomid and one round of 100mg. Last month was 100mg, had great ovulation (dr. said I released 2 eggs), however I ended up with no BFP and 2 cysts! This is an off cycle for us but I have been trying other remedies. I read mixed reviews on sweet potatoes but have been trying that for a month. I also read of honey & cinnamon do I've been doing that. The measures we take to TTC :) My sister in law is recently preggo, not trying, so it's been a roller coaster lately. The whole journey has made me question things, see things and relationships differently and much more. I say this has been my test...to see how much I can handle emotionally and physically.

12 years ago

No he hasn't had the semen analysis done yet, but my dr said March if no BFP by then, so I am already preparing myself for it. I'm not really expecting any miracles before then, hoping tho!

I am thinking about trying pre-seed this month, any of you ladies tried before? Luck? Nothing??

Baby dust to you all!

12 years ago

I love preseed. It hasn't helped us get pg, because we have male factor issue that it won't help, but it sure does make BD much easier, especially being on clomid.

12 years ago

After 5 years, and four IUI's, I think I just got my BFP. I took a frer tonight and it's got a very faint line on it!

12 years ago

That's awesome lisserb!!! Congrats to you and yours :)

12 years ago

Go lisserb thats awesome its well deserved especially after all you have been through. well here i am the one who started this thread lol. not really anything to report just waiting for the last lupron shot to wear off. im feeling crampy but it could take up to 3 months for af to show back up. been 28 months of dissapointment but im not giving up yet!!! i just can't and im not ready to accept not being a mom. tonight i baked valentine days cookies with my step son, and boy did it hurt when he wanted to make a special cookie for his mom, because she is mom. i want that sooo bad to have someone make something special for me, sorry probably some pms talking or something but im just a bit down tonight. sorry to rain on your parade lisserb, thats not what i want to do im sorry... you so deserve this and i will keep my fingers crossed for a happy and healthy nine months for you girl congratulations.... :)

12 years ago • Post starter

Thank you Aroma. :)

You will have your dream come true. I believe it!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo