Community post

Question

Covid-19 and first trimester - Any words of wisdom?

I got a BFP a few days ago and am now about 15 dpo. This is # 3 for us but after struggling to conceive for many months, I miscarried twice last year. We had decided to wait until the end of the summer to try again because we are moving overseas in a few months but it seems like this TTC journey is bringing nothing but surprises! Anyway, I'm wondering if any of you have had any conversations with your doctor about Covid-19 and early pregnancy. I know there is very little data out there and the main concern in early pregnancy is with fever. My husband is currently teleworking every other week but has to still go into work the rest of the time. However his employer is flexible and leaving it up to every person's comfort level if they want to stop coming in (that would mean there are a lot of projects he couldn't work on at all because he can't do it from home but he wouldn't be at risk of losing his job and would still get a paycheck which I realize is such a blessing). We're wondering whether he should talk to his boss to see if he can stop going in for now because we are a little worried about exposure the virus so early in the pregnancy (I mostly concerned about the potential fever). So I'm curious if any of you had a conversation with your health practitioner about it and what the general recommendations were (beyond the obvious stay home and wash your hands...)

3 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

no answer to your question, but I understand your concerns. I'm 19 weeks now and my husband works in a prison so I'm very scared for all of us. Does he wear a mask and take other precautions? A surgeon my father works with said it can even travel on the bottom of your shoes, so if you are ones to wear masks and spray yourself down, he suggested showering when coming home and putting clothes directly in wash. But you have to make the decision that is best for you guys in the long run. I'm high risk being pregnant, my oldest with special needs is because of his immune system so I totally get it. Hope this helps a little

4 years ago

Thanks Angela. I guess it doesn’t matter after all because I tested again tonight and the line on the tes is barely visible now so it looks like it’s going to be another chemical. I hope you and your family stay healthy.

4 years ago • Post starter

very sorry to hear that

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo