Community post

Journal

Imagination running wild or does my body just know...

The past few days, I've been reading a lot about whether or not your body can sense fertilization before implantation even happens or whether any potential "sign" of pregnancy before implantation is just someone's imagination running wild. I am very much aware that our bodies don't start releasing hpt hormones before implantation and that technically there is no way one could get pregnancy "symptoms" before implantation. I also know that our bodies pretty much prepare to get pregnant every cycle so can throw out symptoms that resemble pregnancies every cycle during the luteal phase. However, I personally believe that our bodies can do incredible things like heal in amazing ways for instance and that energy is an incredibly important part of how all our organ system work together to keep us healthy and connect our mind, body and spirit. This may sound a little crazy and unscientific to a lot of you which I completely respect. Anyway, I think the body is capable of sensing when something as big as fertilization happens and can definitely start "preparing" in a different way even before implantation. That's why I think it is actually possible to feel that something is happening before implantation.

I'm currently 8 dpo and a few things are making me feel hopeful this month: nausea for a couple of days at 2 and 3 dpo, lots of pinching and pulling in lower abdomen (which I usually can get but much later in my cycle), round ligament type pain when coughing last night (that one is strange - I haven't experience that sharp pain since my first pregnancy). And also, I just feel very calm and ready! I guess we'll see. It could totally be my imagination running wild! But I'd love to hear your perspective on very early signs of pregnancy and if you do think it is possible, why do you think that is?

2 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

I remember with my first pregnancy (born 2016) that I could not lie down on my stomach as it felt like I had a ball in there. BF (now hubby) kept asking if my girlfriend (period) showed up and asked me every day. This pregnancy, I had heartburn, which I have never experienced before; probably in my life as I had to Google it . Plus, I could tell when my daughter was peeing by sitting beside her on the couch and when she pooped from the next room. So, that was a sign that something was up. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. I stopped temping (both times) after ovulation as I hated seeing the temp dip so I have no idea if I ever got the dip and then the rise. Due to give birth in less than two weeks. Hope this helps.

User image[/url]

5 years ago • Edited

I totally agree with you. Our bodies are amazing and do things they may not always be able to be proven on paper. Last month I was 3dpo and just felt full in my uterus and wanted cold food almost from day one, anything heated up didn even look good to me. I hope this is your month! It sounds good

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo