Community post

Question

When did you start TTC for baby #2?

View Full Post

I'm 4 months pp and husband is ready to start trying for baby #2. It took us 9 months to get baby #1 so we don't want to wait to long to start trying for baby #2. My hope was to breastfeed baby #1 for at least a year. When did you start trying for baby #2?

20 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by laughs)

11 - 20 of 20 Answers

My first in 3 so we just started ttc for baby #2 now

4 years ago

I just logged on as I'm TTC #2 and went to your page because I remembered you from my last pregnancy - and saw you're trying for #2 as well soon! Yayyyyy!! I would ideally like to conceive in October or November, but we just plan to not prevent but not try for this month and next month, then I will start what I used when I got pregnant with my son in October and hopefully that does the trick!! So if you're waiting a couple more months maybe we will be getting pregnant around the same time!!

4 years ago

Hi BB2018! I remember you too! I am waiting a couple more months. I want to make sure my milk supply will last my daughter until she is at least 1 year old so we might start trying in November or I might just stop taking the mini pill then and we'll see what happens. How old is your son? Was he born in October of 2018?

4 years ago • Post starter

my son I wasn't trying but I had been in a bad relationship with bio dad I left that relationship last year now im engaged to a wonderful man that is taking on being my sons dad. and we're ttc our first together but will be my 2nd child. 8 moths so far. praying for a bfp

God Bless

4 years ago

@ A GamersWife - I hope you get that BFP soon! It took me and my DH 9 months to get our first. How old is you son?

First of all, congrats on your Valentine’s Day Baby! I was really feeling ready to try again when our first was 5 months. My husband was ready too, but we did not expect to fall pregnant on the first month TTC since it took about 5 months to conceive #1 and I’d had chemicals in the past. Then factor in #2 was also a preemie. Girls are 13 months apart, and we’re doing alright. So if you do TTC now, be ready for anything! I have a friend who breastfed her first until she was about 20 weeks along with #2. Your Dr will be able to tell you more about breastfeeding while trying/pregnant

4 years ago

Thank you sonata! I feel like waiting to try more at 9 months so that I definitely get a whole year of breastfeeding in with my DD. Breastfeeding is also how we finish our night time/bed time routine and I really really like that time I spend with her. We'll see how we do the rest of the year breastfeeding. My DH is ready and willing to try for #2 anytime now. He's just waiting for me to say go!

My daughter will be turning 5 at the end of October, and we decided to start ttc baby #2 at the end of June. This will be cycle #4 for me after a chemical our second month trying. Hopefully this month will be our time, my daughter is so ready for a sibling!

4 years ago

My son will be 7 in March ttc for about 2 year now on and off

4 years ago

Sorry for my delayed reply - my son is now 10 months old - he will be one on Dec 23rd. If I get pregnant this cycle, I'll be due the end of July. Did you officially start trying yet?

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo