Community post

Question

If lh surge failed when will body try again?

My body and OPKs looked like I was going to get an lh surge on CD14 (which is normal for me). I am breast feeding so I suspect that interfered and I didn't get a positive OPK.

Is there any length of time between a bodies lh surges? Is there an average amount of days my body will wait and then try again?

I know this is a tough questions I'm just curious if anyone on here has had multiple lh surge trys and the length of time between them. Thanks!

7 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

I have had that happen. My tests tend to be darker in the evening, but I usually take 3 a day when I’m near O. I have usually have 2 rises that don’t quite get to equal darkness, each around 3-5 days apart, then the third usually results in O.

User image

4 years ago

Thank you! I was starting to take 3 a day and then backed down to 2 when I saw how negative they were.

4 years ago • Post starter

Did you get any signs you did O? Is ewcm gone as well?

4 years ago

Still getting ewcm. I can't do BBT because of DD and that was my main way of determining O last go around.

I think when this happened to me it took 5 days for actual O to happen after the first surge.

4 years ago

When I got preggo with last daughter I had a weird cycle of gearing up, then started disappearing. Thought I wasn't going to ovulate and was "safe" DTD and ovulated 5 days later, hence little girl. Just never know

4 years ago

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo