Community post

Question

Odd cycle

My cycle are fairly regular (I have 35 days cycles.... sometimes its a day or day late but usually 35 days). Quite a few years back my cycle were very irregular sometimes they be as long as 60 day or as short as 25 day. My average back then was about 45 days... one of the things I noticed if I had an overly short or long my next cycle would be the opposite.
My last cycle was odd it was 29 days so I'm assuming this cycle will be longer than 35 days. (I'm at 36 CD and just getting pms symptoms) I thought at first maybe it wouldn't happen this time... but it seems to be happening. I notice ewcm last week and after that my pms symptoms are slowly showing it so I'm guessing af will come next week...that my guess atleast.
I try Googleing to see why or if others have this happen and there nothing. So I guess my question is have you ever have this happen to you? I'm guessing I'm out for this month but who knows. Please let me know if you have this or if you know anything about it?
I gone to doctors about this in the past and it wasn't that helpful... so please don't tell me to go to a doctor about this... sorry I just don't want to feel alone.

9 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

Bump

5 years ago • Post starter

Still not af I'm now 38 cd... the last 2 day my breast are starting to hurt so af might be coming soon I guess

What do you use to confirm ovulation?

5 years ago

I have something similar! One long cycle (my last long one was 72 days) and then a “normal” (32 days) or short (24 days) cycle depending on how my body feels that month. I have been diagnosed with PCOS, but the “skinny” kind, which makes it harder for doc’s to pick up on. Have you been tested for PCOS?
I temp and do OPKs, although the OPKs never really get positive, they do get darker and my temps shoot up when I do ovulate on the longer cycles, but not the shorter ones. On the shorter ones my temps just jump around up and down until I get a super early AF. Super disappointing.
I sometimes wonder if one of my ovaries is better at ovulating, since typically the side you ovulate from switches from month to month. I’m ttc #1, so I can’t help on the TWW symptoms, but I do get a lot of bloating and increased BB size befor AF when I ovulate.
Good luck!

User image

5 years ago

Cm and cp... I got ewcm twice more than the other and a week apart... the later one I had more and had little bit ewcm (a bit of light yellow tint) the day before... I thought maybe it was implantation spotting because it was a week after the 1st ewcm but when I tested on Thursday I got a bfn. And now I'm still waiting for af. I starting to think the 2nd one was when I might of ovulated... but that's me just guessing. We are bd atleast every other day so I know I'm good there

Cm and cp aren't reliable enough to confirm ovulation, unfortunately. Irregular cycles have a harder time to predict ovulation, unless temping and opks are used.

My cycles are irregular as well, and for our next few cycles of trying our doctor stressed the importance of temping and opks to confirm ovulation. We're going to try these methods for a bit before she has us come back for a series of ultrasounds to see if I'm actually ovulating properly.

I hope this helps

5 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone notice this happens to them because I couldn't find anything about it... it wasn't really about ovulation but thanks I'll look in on that and check it out. I feel like if we're bd every other night wouldn't I hit my fertile window at some point I could be wrong...

But again thank you for the advice JNMD08

39 cd and no af... cm is milky and creamy it looks like collage cheese sorry tmi. My boob sore and ance on my chin. Last night I had a lot of bad vivid dreams. I know af is probably coming by the end of the week which nice its nice to know it coming so I can start again

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo