Community post

Question

Breast pain way too early any idea why?

This month is already a little bit weird I believe I ovulated October 16 or very close to that... normally my boobs would start really hurting the last week of my AF... last month it started to hurt a little on 3dpo... but this month it started to hurt October 12 (4 day before what I believe when I ovulated)... I know it not a pregnancy sign. Being I know you can't be pregnant before you ovulate... but why is this happening... can it be an ovulation thing or what? They don't hurt a little it's alot like having a hard time sleeping hurt. They feel very heavy too. It's making me question if my AF is coming any minute but I know it's way too early. Has anyone had this happen this early or know what is going on?

15 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 15 Answers | Last Page

Bump

5 years ago • Post starter

I think you need to call your provider. If the pain impacts your sleeping, it is significant and only a medical professionals can tell you for sure what is happening.

Good luck

5 years ago

Breast tenderness is driven by estrogen levels and hormone imbalances. High estrogen causes swelling and tenderness.
When I was messing around with high doses of Clomid, years ago, my estrogen-progesterone balance would be thrown way off and my boobs would be so swollen and sore I couldn't move my arms. If it's really worrying u, hit up ur Dr for some testing.
There's an article online about location of soreness and where u are within a cycle. I'll see if I can find it.
Good luck! =))

5 years ago

Its the same pain as that I get a week before my AF. I had that since I was a teenager... it's normal for breast to hurt when your hormones changes. I was just questioning why my hormones would make my chest hurt before my ovulation because I never had that. I'm not overly worried about it I was just wondering. I was trying explain it wasn't just a little sore/sensitive. By the way I'm still getting sleep and when I'm out, I'm out. I just changed my position or put a pillow in between my boobs and I pass out (just like when I'm closer to my period). I do have a larger chest so this might be a bigger chest issue or something I don't know. Sorry if I was not clear before but ya again I'm not worry I'm just wondering

Dakotagurrl thanks for the info if you find the article I would love to read it ???? I'm not too worried it was more of a wondering being it was different than normal. Who know maybe I ovulated before I thought I did. I'm not testing just using flo app (an app that look at your periods and predict your fertile days) so who know

This is the one I remember reading years ago when I was questioning the pain due to the clomid. https://drnatashaturner.com/estrogen-and-breast-tenderness/

There are quite a few others that go way more into detail, if u really like reading.
Have u tried a hpt recently? Maybe that wasn't af before. Stranger things have happened, esp if ur not going all crazy with tracking.

5 years ago

Thank you I haven't tested yet... I was thinking testing later this week with a dollar store test just because I don't want to waste 20$ on a test that might be to early

I hear ya! We pay out the ass here. I won't try to suck u into an addiction, , but Amazon sells 60pks for $25 if u ever wanna test a little more freely. Just sayin'!

5 years ago

I'm truly hoping I won't need 60 test. I know I probably being way too optimistic

Oh no no, I didn't mean it as it would take u a long time to get pregnant, more for serial testing once u get the BFP. Most of us aren't capable of just peeing on one stick and calling it a day lol. I test daily til about 21dpo if I get a BFP. Having 60 tests just makes it easier on the bank account. It's a sick addiction really...

5 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo