Community post

Journal

Early Viability Scan **pregnancy mentioned**

Since finding out I was pregnant unexpectedly I have gone through a roller coaster of emotions. Sad, Scared, Happy, Anxious... So many things! I knew I would feel regret if I didn't try what was within my power to help this little baby trying to thrive in my hostile uterus. Because of my insurance no longer covering my immunologist we were hopeful that my OB would order the labs my RI was requesting.... but my OB informed me that the labs would flag infertility for my insurance due to changes that had been made on the insurance company's end and would not get approved unless I went to see an RE... I was already pregnant and they would have been zero help so what was the point of that?! My RI then recommended I set up an initial consult with them ($500 OOP) and they would manage my protocol monthly ($300 per month) plus all of the labs wouldn't be covered. So we're easily looking at a few thousand per month and that is just NOT in our budget right now. My husband and I had a long talk and decided it was going to be up to fate. I would try everything that I could do on my own, but that would be it.

My betas have been great. The last one was just over a week ago and was in the 2,500 range and were still doubling in less than 48 hours, which is pretty nice when they're already past 2,000.... My OB let me schedule a viability scan for today, 7/31, due to my history. Even though I have been quite relaxed about this pregnancy being up to fate, I was still very anxious sitting in that office waiting for the scan. My BP was 110/80, when it is usually like 95/66 or something.... so, for me, it was elevated. My OB did the scan and I think the paper sheet was obscuring my goods because she started aiming at door #2 with that transvaginal wand and I had to say "ummm, I think that's my butt". LOL. She felt so bad. The little wand goes in the correct place and almost immediately I can see the sac and see there is a yolk sac and such. I have been through too many of these by now not to know what is normal and what is not... and it looked NORMAL. Baby was measuring 5w6d and had a heartbeat. I could see the little flickering twinkle light. It was too hard to actually get a measurement of the bpm with the equipment in the office, but it looks good right now. WHOAH crazy!

And then we started chatting about all my immune crap because she wasn't sure if I was seeing my RI or not. I told her my insurance situation and confessed that I was self-medicating. I was super sheepish about it because I thought she was going to be mad. BUT she was a-ok with it and actually offered to refill my estradiol prescription for me!!!!! EEEEEE!!!! She also said if I wanted to do a lower dose of prednisone she would be fine with that too and gave me another prescription for my prometrium tabs I was self-medicating with from my previous pregnancy. I feel SO relieved. I haven't decided if I am going to take prednisone or not yet.... It makes me feel like absolute shit for the most part and I won't be able to complete any of the testing to know if it is actually working, so TBD. I did discover one thing the prednisone was amazingly helpful for. Nausea. Woof. I have never experienced anything like this before because I was on such a high dose before.

I also had to tell her that 3 days before getting a positive HPT I had donated a double unit of red blood cells... whoops! She had me do my OB labs today just to check everything. She said they are "in range" but they do look a little low so I might take some iron supplements to give them a little boost.

I go back in 2 weeks for another scan and my first official appointment. I'll probably hop over to CMP now so I am not rude and talking about pregnancy on here, but wanted to update everyone on where I am at!

<a href=

13 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 13 Comments | Last Page

That's great news!

5 years ago

So glad to see an update....I can only imagine what you’re going through! Glad the lady cut you a little break with some meds. Really hoping it all works out for you guys. This LO really wants to be here I think, hope you don’t mind some prayers

5 years ago

Wonderful! I hope everything continues to go great for you.

5 years ago

That's great news! Congratulations! I have everything crossed for a H&H9 for u!

5 years ago

Wonderful news! So glad to see this update from you. Keep us posted :)

5 years ago

This makes me so happy. I know this has been a whirlwind, but the crappy system that we are in, that forces parents whether or not they can actually TREAT a condition that might cost your baby his/her life just makes me so mad. I'm SOO glad your doctor was willing to help. Sounds like baby might just be a fighter and is meant to be in your life. Maybe I'm just pregnant and emotional, but I teared up reading this. So happy for you, and I hope this is an easy pregnancy for you with a happy and healthy outcome! See you over at CMP.

5 years ago

Congrats. Fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy. xx

5 years ago

This little one looks like it's in it for the long haul! Your OB seems super supportive and helpful too. I'm over on CMP so I'll look for you over there.

5 years ago

So happy she gave you refills!! Good to hear that everything is going well. <3

5 years ago

wonderful update, praying your immune system gives this pea a chance.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

5 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo