Community post

Journal

Follow up from my last journal

First off, thank you to all of the ladies that responded with their support of me and didn't make me feel bad for all of the questioning that was going on in my head. It has been quite a week. I went back and forth about how I felt about this and, in the end, I knew I would have a lot of guilt for not trying anything for this little baby trying to thrive in my womb. The timing is really quite shitty since I am in between contracts right now for my job, I honestly don't feel like being pregnant again, and it is stressful as hell because of my immune system... BUT... that's not this baby's fault.

On Monday I emailed my reproductive immunologist to get their take and if it was worth it at that point to start anything -- and also to update them on the change to my insurance. They recommended serial betas to verify the pregnancy was progressing. Had the first drawn Tuesday and they took their sweet time waiting until Wednesday morning to call me back (I am probably spoiled because they used to call me back within a few hours) but I have decided that I need to just CHILL about this pregnancy. First beta was 171, which I thought seemed a little low where I was calculating I was at and comparing it to my other betas.... Second draw was this morning and they just called me about 30 minutes ago... Beta is 475. Doubling time of 32ish hours, which is great!

Now I wait for a beta next week.... the 300-400 range is always scary for me. This is where my body usually goes to shit from my immune system, so we will see. I am kind of leaving this in fate's hands. I know that my body sucks at producing estrogen, which is as necessary to the early development as progesterone... so I am taking a few of the leftover meds I had for that, along with my regular vitamins and baby aspirin. But I have not been taking prednisone. It makes me feel like absolute shit and I can't afford all the testing to know if it is even working.... so I am really hoping that the estrogen is what I need.

Anyone know where you can get estrogen meds or supps?? I have my few estrace prescription left, but that's it. The Reproductive Immunology group I belong to on facebook used to allow members to post about donating unused meds and such, but I guess the crackdown of Facebook policies has made them ban such posts... which is rather unfortunate. My OB used to prescribe them, but our insurance now sees it only as a fertility med and she can't prescribe it. Waiting on a response back from my Immunologist, but in the meantime.... I am getting a little desperate. Anyone know of a supplement or anything available OTC???

<a href=

6 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

I so wish there was a way that I could return the favor and help you out right now. :( I wouldn't really know where to begin to look for those meds. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and praying for everything to work out as it should. <3

5 years ago

Good luck and sticky vibes for your baby! I have no clue either where to get those meds, unless you do a sketchy online pharmacy - which I've done before for TTC, but not for meds during a pregnancy. I'd be reluctant to try that because of the risk of placebos or bad batches. Hopefully your immunologist might be able to help.

5 years ago

So this may be a long shot, but some drug manufacturer will help people with meds they can't afford. Try calling and see if they can help or maybe give you samples. Another thought is maybe a charity like Catholic charities would help. It wouldn't hurt to call and tell them your situation.

5 years ago

It's not the cost of the med, as it's pretty cheap. My OB won't write the script because estrogen isn't somethingshe manages and I'd have to go see an infertility doctor for that, which my insurance will not approve the visit for. And my immunologist who prescribed itin the past is out of network now and I'd have to pay a hefty sum for a phone consult for them to even write the script. Booooo.

<a href=

5 years ago • Post starter

Have you thought about an estrogen cream? It may not be much help. But any help is worth it. I googled and you can get it online.

Mill

5 years ago

Have you thought about an estrogen cream? It may not be much help. But any help is worth it. I googled and you can get it online.

Mill

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo