Community post

Question

Have you heard of MTHFR Gene Mutation?

Just found out I have the MTHFR mutation which means I have to stay away from folic acid. Buy buy Target prenatals. Apparently 30-50% of the general population has this mutation and doesn't know it. I also found out it can contribute to fertility issues including miscarriages (I have had 3). Anyone else been diagnosed with MTHFR? Any prenatal recommendations?

5 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Rpope has this! Her fertility Dr. Had to change things up for her. Look her up and message her. I'm sure she'd be happy to let you know her experience!

Mill

5 years ago

Thank you so much!

5 years ago • Post starter

Its Rpope84

Mill

5 years ago

I do as well...there’s a few prenatals that carry the correct form of folate (5-Methyltetrahydrofolate) and I order online a higher source of it as well to add to my prenatal because I was told to take like 5 mg. I look at pricing and compare as prices change...places like Kirkman labs, lucky vitamin, or you can google on your own but you need a trusted source since a lot of vitamins can carry bad things, as well as not staying true to their ingredients. There’s a doc online with info on the gene mutation with a lot of good stuff on his site with recommendations...can’t think of his name at the moment but I’m sure if you start looking up info you’ll find it. I’m using a raw food prenatal right now...but it doesn’t specify the type of folate, I’m assuming being raw foods, it will supply a good form, but I’m not as careful about that as my mutation is supposedly not so bad and I supplement with the right folate. But tbh, if you are staying away from regular folic acid, understand they put it in all sorts of processed foods so unless you plan on going balls to the walls with your diet, you will be taking it in one way or another so do your research. If you have any questions you can PM me and I’ll try to help ya!

5 years ago • Edited

I have it as well. I have not had any miscarriages (I have 3 kiddos) but I have dealt with other issues linked to it ....but I don’t make the best choices in diet all the time or take supplements routinely (special compound ones) like I should... I’m sure if I got back on my routine with that stuff again I would see a difference like I did before... I just got lazy.

:

5 years ago • Edited

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo