Community post

Question

Continue testing after a positive OPK?

Just got a positive OPK tonight. I hadn’t planned on testing again since I assume I’ll ovulate sometime in the next 48 hours. But I’ve seen other people who continue testing even after getting a positive. Can someone explain to me what the point of that is or if I’m missing something? (That sounded rude. I didn’t mean for it to come out that way :)

3 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I always keep testing because you can have a surge and not actually ovulate and then have another surge.

5 years ago

Is it common to have a surge and not actually ovulate? What would it mean if I got a positive OPK tomorrow or the day after?

5 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Its not uncommon. Its also not uncommon to get a couple days of positive tests. Most people say you will ovulate 12 to 48 hours after your first positive test, but everyone is different. I have been tracking my cycle for a long time so i know for me i get two days of positive tests and then ovulate 48 hours after my last positive. I confirmed by temping. If you can comfirm when you ovulate it may help you time bd more accurately.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo