Community post

Question

Confusion with chart every damn month

I’m getting more and more frustrated with charting. Here are my Fertility Friend vs Countdown to Pregnancy chart. Two very different ovulation dates. I’m confused. Even within the Fertility Friend chart I thought ovulation would happen AFTER the positive OPK, no?

user submitted image

9 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I never got the same o date on these two either. I think ctp is confused by your higher pre o temps. I would agree with what ff is showing. If you look through charts on ff a lot of women o the day of lh surge.

5 years ago

Mine did the same this morning. Both originally said O was CD12, but this morning CTP decided my temps meant that O was CD15 and swapped everything. It doesn’t make sense with the secondary signs, and seems a bit late as I usually have 26 day cycles so the CD12 works much better for me keeping my FX! The other app I use can’t decide WHAT is going on this month so has opted out of setting a O day

user submitted image

5 years ago

This is why I quit temping. I tried for 4 years with my first. I honestly think stress is a big factor to not conceiving. When I got pregnant.I wasn't even trying. Had sex probably once during my fertile time. We were selling our house and I decided we were just going to have to save for ivf. Thank goodness we didn't have to. Opks are great and knowing signs your body is fertile are also good. I'm trying for #2 and scared it could take as long, but I'm trying to not become consumed.

Mill

5 years ago

I hear you. We’re trying for our second and have been for 7 months. I’m so frustrated. I don’t know if I should believe the positive OPK or the temps or Neither.

5 years ago • Post starter

This is a photo of last month..... once again, FF said I ovulated before the OPK identified a surge. ????

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

I’m with you ladies on charting. But I do think this time I might not ovulate. Had a peak on Sunday (Father’s Day) but no rise. Here is my chart...CTP says I ovulated a few days after AF

user submitted image

5 years ago

I hated temping, mostly because I temped for days and days and never ovulated. But I did use it reliably with clomid, and my app of choice was FF. I think that the app on the left is correct in wanting to gather more data before making a final conclusion about whether or not you have ovulated. It is right in showing you that you are potentially fertile now with that green patchy box, so you should keep BD in case. I'm surprised FF is giving you hard dark red lines at this point instead of dotted crosshairs, and I would not be surprised if FF later changes the O date if your temps fluctuate more. It did that with me quite a lot, especially because on clomid I would get a 'fallback rise,' or a deep dip the day after O, followed by a very high temp. So it would be way after I O'd that FF could confirm it with certainty. FF is only really useful in CONFIRMING when ovulation took place in a retrospective sense. It isn't really a good guide for telling you that you O'd in present time. Keep BD and if you notice signs of post O (persistent high T's, creamy CM, tender boobs, etc), you can take some rest and test in a week or so.

The only thing God gives you for certain is a CHOICE.

5 years ago

So I now apparently also O’ed on CD16! I’m so lucky to have ovulated three whole times this month

user submitted image

5 years ago

Hahahaaa! CTP has now changed its mind and apparently I DID ovulate on CD12. Love it! You’ve got to bloody laugh

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo