Community post

Discussion

Fertility signs after birth

I have no idea what's going on and I could use some advice! My second child is 8 months old now and I've started fertility tracking. I'm CD20, my cervix is constantly open like wider than it ever has been before and I seem to have heaps of EWCM days. Both my boys were born via EMCS and I didn't have this issue after my First, I dilated much further second time so I'm assuming cervix is just stretched out but would that cause EWCM even when not fertile? CTP is detecting ovulation but I'm pretty sure it's wrong, my temp is way lower than I'd be expecting had I ovulated. Any thoughts, anyone had similar post-pregnancy?

6 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I’m assuming you are nursing and it sounds like your body is trying to gear up to ovulate. I always ovulate first then I get my first period. This time I got it at 10 months but I usually get it at 14 so it just depends. Definitely go by the cm. With my third it took about two weeks the first two cycles of ewcm before I’d actually ovulate. This one was like 3 days my first cycle with a 7 day luteal phase. Definitely sounds like you’re getting ready to or trying to, nursing schedule will keep messing with it at first....that’s how I ended up pregnant again

6 years ago • Edited

My baby is nine months and I am currently 18 days past ovulation pregnant with a bfp. Go with a ewcm you sound like you are ovulating. My Cycles were definitely later for ovulation but I still ovulated. I wouldn't go with your cervix as after birth you're right things can change but cervix changes cannot cause ewcm unless you are actually gearing up to ovulate. Nursing never cause a problem for me not to ovulate. My boys were each 6 months before I conceived with the next one and I have four children. So start getting in the sack because it's possible you can get pregnant if you listen to your body and just have lots of sex. Baby dust to you :-)

6 years ago

Ah okay thanks Guys, it's the length of time I've had EWCM that's been throwing me and I'm getting really mild cramps too so I was thinking maybe ovulation but temp still isn't going up!! I've got PCOS so it's not unusual that I'd be gearing up to ovulate for it to not happen, but I've never had EWCM for so long before. I stopped breastfeeding just over a month ago, I guess things will level out eventually it's just frustrating constantly thinking I must be about to ovulate then just waiting and waiting!

6 years ago • Post starter

Yes, if you just stopped nursing, your hormones are changing and haven't leveled off yet. Prolactin going down, probably estrogen and progesterone going up. A dilated cervix means you're probably extra fertile and no impediment to the swimmers. If you don't want babies too close together...be careful! Otherwise, go for it! You'll probably get pregnant again easily this time. Good to see you back! I bet your babies are adorable!

6 years ago

That’s how I was my first two cycles with third, ewcm for like two weeks before ovulating (I personally enjoyed that time lol) hopefully you’ll get a better idea of what’s going on soon

6 years ago

So three whole weeks of EWCM and cramps for over a week uncomfortable enough that I actually went to think doctor thinking something was wrong, and looks like I've finally ovulated!! Temp has been up the past two days, EWCM has gone, cramps have settled down. Well that's a relief!

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo