Community post

Journal

Feeling inspired to add my own TTC journey

I've been kicking the idea of writing an entry for a week or so and said wtf, if anything at least I can get things off my chest to anyone willing to listen. I never write because my TTC doesn't (at least thus now) involve infertility...in fact for all 6 (2 MC) it was accidental or first try and so I've felt I should keep my mouth shut. I have 4 kids and some here probably think I have no place to talk here about my TTC if I'm so "lucky" or blessed for which I'm truly blessed and happy. But I want to have more and feel so guilty for it and don't know if we should. My third was just diagnosed with Autism and I'm already seeing signs of it in my 8 month old. I was faithful that all of the things we'd done was going to prevent it. I eat, sleep, breathe autism and kept myself in this bubble or cage thinking if I inhale one toxin this kid is fucked. Now I know that we can't conquer the genetics part of this but maybe it's helped the severity, Idk. I'm so gutted. I don't know what it's like to have a normal kid and I'm trying so hard not to be bitter or wonder what my "mommy" purpose is. This is my only job and we don't and can't get out often due to our kid's issues. So I can't do the mommy things that others get to do and I feel cheated and I'm trying not to.

My brother is expecting his first (IVF) baby and I find myself envious of their untainted dreams, how "special" it is for them (first time parents lol). Meanwhile I tell the store lady at the vitamin store of my son being diagnosed and she looks at me like a disease and why would I reproduce, who will care for them when I'm dead? (Ignorant of autism SPECTRUM). It's not like all of them are severe except my oldest but what does she know.

I just can't believe not one of our kids came out without this shit and I can't believe that through all of my husband and my pain, we want more before it's too late. I don't know but I don't know if we should. My kids are happy, my husband and I couldn't be more in love despite the hand we've been dealt, but is it right? I hold on to any bit of hope each time, and each time I see my kid is different and falling behind, throwing fits, not communicating correctly for their age, and then my favorite, hand stimming and weird noises, ugh. With my 2nd it has gotten better with age and don't really see the it much but my 3 year old now is doing it, and it kills me inside. Let me just say for the record...1st kid, 4th kid, it doesn't place any less value on someone's feelings and love for that kid no matter how long they've tried for one. Someone in my shoes, experiences this TTC heartbreak differently.

After my first two we did the hippie thing and even waited for vaccinations for my third because you'll try anything to avoid Autism again. I watched my oldest slip away until one day I just held him crying asking where my baby went. So yeah, I'm the "irresponsible" parent who'd do all that to hope my baby would not get it again. Not because I think it causes it but in case it contributed.

So here I am...wondering what we will do or if we should. Currently 8months PP with no PPAF until 14 months usually but hubby and I are soul searching this. right now just grieving for what's happened.

I stalk so many here too but always stay silent on JE because of my weird, almost embarrassing situation. So baby dust to you all, I pray for all those here trying.

5 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Comments

I don't feel that you have anything to be embarrassed or ashamed of. It sounds as if you have done everything in the best interest of your children and have done nothing wrong. You sound like an incredible, strong mother and your children are lucky to have you. If you want more children and feel that you are up to it, even with the possible added challenge, that is yours and your husband's choice. You should never feel that your story is less important than someone else's.

6 years ago

I have been following you for a long time on CMP, and I couldn't agree with Celene's Mommy more. You sound like an amazing, dedicated, loving mother, and if you have the desire for more children, then don't let anyone take that away from you. I'm very sorry to hear about all your struggles, but your children were given to you because you are strong enough to handle it. I don't know much about what factors can contribute to your chances for Autism, but it's never going to hurt to live as clean and healthy a life style as possible.

I hope that when you and your husband are ready, and decide it's right for you, you are able to get pregnant again quickly, and have a happy and healthy baby. It sounds like your kids have a wonderful life, and I know no matter what happens in the future, you will continue being a loving and happy family.

And don't feel guilty for being fertile. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I pray that any loving family that wants a baby is able to have one quickl

User Image

6 years ago

Wow, thanks for the kind words. xoxo

6 years ago • Post starter

What an emotional journal. i do not even know what to write. kudos to you for being the best mom you can be ....4 kids with different degrees of Autism and you are yearning for nr 5 knowing the risk is there. and very high.......if this isnt faith then i do not know what else to call it. i think this is your choice knowing the high risks, you do not owe anyone an explanation my dear.

i wish you all the very best in your journey.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

6 years ago

Thanks Reneee! I'm still on the fence of whether or not it's faith, insanity, or stupidity lol. My mom thinks we like the punishment. But I guess my biggest point to this is, we know what the outcome will most likely be. Most people will find out while the kid is still in uterus that there is something like Down Syndrome and then terminate due to their "quality" of life, or because they don't want to deal with it, etc. I'm still trying to figure if it's "right" for us to bring more special needs kids into the world. We still have no idea how they will be as adults. That's why I find myself embarrassed or did (currently working on that) when I'm out and about with my kids. When I was pregnant I felt like the world was looking at me like, why are you pregnant again. I guess the lady at the store saying what she did made me really think about what we are doing and if it's "right". Thanks for the support, sometimes it helps to hear from others when going thr

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo