Community post

Question

Opinion on whether I should or not

Ok I figured I’d get everyone’s opinion while I wait till next week for my dr to see my blood work and believe that I’m pregnant.

This is my fourth day spotting, not enough to fill a pad or anything. I’ve had dr say if your going to MC then you will no matter if you’re on bed rest or not, then others say bed rest. I need my workouts I’m antsy and my body craves it and I’d like some comfort sex. We haven’t been able to make love in like a week due to schedules and spotting. Opinions?

6 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

@Angela18. I am truely sorry you are going through a rough time with all of this. Is the spotting dark brown? I know this sounds crazy but have you tried taking a test to see what the lines are at? If they are still dark then I think you should be okay. With having sex, its tough as you wouldn't want to irritate it more and cause more issues. But I would definately try to lay off or not do a extensive workout and just relax till you know for sure what is going on. That's just my opinion. I really hope everything is okay though.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Thanks, that’s kind of my gut feeling also. Spotting is full range, but never fills or comes close to filling a liner and color ranges completely. My test lines are getting darker. Thanks for the reply!

6 years ago • Post starter

I shared about my hematoma but I bleed daily until 10wks. It ranged from a gush that filled a pad to spotting on a liner but it was daily. I would wait about a week or so and then ask to be seen if it's still going on. Right now they wouldn't be able to see anything but once your about 6wks they can verify the pregnancy as well as see any potential problems like a hematoma. They might be able to find the source of the bleeding. As for activities, with my hematoma I was place on pelvic rest the entire time. Sex and orgasms cause contractions in the uterus which can irritate the bleeding more, causing it to increase. You could walk a little bit on a treadmill, for about 20mins or lift weights but try to keep your abdomen quiet. I was even told to not eat large meals all at once, small meals would be easier to digest and therefore not increase any activity around the uterus. They say bed rest is not proven to save a pregnancy so our doctors told us to not change anything. Good Luck! I know it probably has you on pins and needles, I know I was. We ended up with weekly ultrasounds to track the hematoma.

User image

6 years ago

Thanks again for the reply! Yes pins and needles, and of course 6 weeks seems so far away, lol. I figured I should probably keep things as light as I can in the meantime

Do what u can live with, as far as consequences go. I agree with the Dr, laying in bed doing nothing will not save a pregnancy that isn't viable anymore than a progesterone supplement will. I've had spotting early on and despite decreasing activity to that similar of a sloth, I still lost it. If it were me, I'd carry on with my daily doings and hope for the best. If u think u would feel better knowing u tried everything (lay around, no sex etc) then go with it.
Best of luck, my dear...stay positive!!

6 years ago

For me, completely minimizing is not an option due to our special circumstances. My son almost weighs as much as me, it’s getting ridiculous to the point I may need to take some steroids just to lift this kid, lol. So I kinda agree with you, most of my MC are probably due to genetic issues rather then hormone or body issues. I think I’ll not go as hard but I can’t just stop my life. Thanks ladies, I’m feeling much better

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo