Community post

Journal

Kudos to those ttc month after month after month....

Okay so first month for us actually "trying." We didn't for our first two pregnancies but did for our daughter and it was first try for her. I was more confident then maybe cocky because it didn't take much to get pregnant although staying pregnant and neurotypical kids was something new. And let me add to this that through my life in pretty much every aspect - anything I say oh that won't happen to me- well it can and many times has which has changed the person I am in so many ways. :)

Point here is that I don't know how so many of you go through this for so long. Well I do but wow the stress is maddening. I liked it better when DH and I were just dumb and would get pregnant. This time I'm meticulously doing everything in preparation and BAM! Nothing in the oven. It's not to say all we've done hasn't benefitted our family but its just funny is all. I mean because of our risks of autism in our odds I'm trying to time conception for the right time of year as to lessen the odds so I'm freaking out that if I miss those months we could have another kid with autism. Craziness. I'm going to try my hardest not to do this to myself this next cycle but knowing me I probably will. I wish I had more willpower. I pray all you ladies who have been trying for so long can lose some anxieties and get your BFP soon! And happy trying to all!

2 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

You don't have to answer but, how does the time of year you conceive have anything I do with having a baby with autism? Sorry to pry, I'm just curious.

10 years ago

MelindaStark,

It's unclear as to the reason, but according stats summer births have higher autism rates than winter, which in "their estimations" not fact, has to do with the sun/vitamin D/and the absorption of vitamin D during those months (of conception) as they've found links of vitamin D deficiency to autism. So although its' not clear one thing for sure is the higher rates during the summer births. Which my son is severely autistic and he was born first week of August. Daughter is high functioning and born in Feb. There were probably other things contributing to the outcome, but since I've been devastated by these things in my kids and mc, I'm willing to give what they say a try since I know the one doctor I follow has been in the practice over 10 years with high risk families such as myself and has yet to have a child with a disability born into his practice.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo