Community post

Journal

I think I'm having another miscarriage....

I'm 7 weeks 2 days and even though I knew better and have been intently checking every time I'd go to the bathroom I thought this one was for keeps. I've started spotting and its starting out the way it always does. Now I have to wait for my baby to die and then get a d&c and I just want to know should we try? I said I would but if there is something so wrong with me that I can't get it right maybe I should close the door. As it is my son is almost seven and refuses to even help me change his diaper or attemp to be self sufficient at all and I think maybe this is my fate. Why should I have another if I can't reach my son and pull him out of his Autism world. I still have to do everything for him as if he was a 50lb baby. I struggle wondering what is the right thing to do and can I even handle another. It's not fair to my son who needs so much still. But I can't help but think its God's way of saying no when I know better than that. I know so many here have struggled with losses. It's going to be my third but it still is taking a part of my hubby and my soul away. I was already in love with him. Doesn't it seem with my background it's time to throw in the towel? I've been pondering this question since my last mc in 2010 and it took this long to try again. I did so much to try to make us healthy and give this one a fighting chance and I still couldn't be woman enough to keep him. Sorry for the negativity right now. Any one like Tori Amos? Listen to Playboy Mommy.

6 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

Hi Angela. I am sorry that you are going through this. Did you phonw your doctor? Maybe go for a scan? I bled with DS at 6 almost 7 weeks. It was A LOT of blood. Thought I was having a second mc. But he was okay when we went for the scan. I hope and pray that it will be the same for you!!

As for your son with Autism. I admire you for taking such good care of him. It takes a wonderful type of person to do that. And even though he does have special needs, I do not believe that that means that you are only allowed to have one baby. I am a physical therapist so I see many parents with special needs kids that do have more than one child and they still manage to love both children and give each child the attention they need. Please do not give up hope!

10 years ago

I hope that everything turns out just fine with you and your little bean. I will keep you in my prayers ((hugs))

10 years ago

lots of women have bleeding or spotting and go on to have normal pregnancies, so don't give up hope yet.

You commented on my recent journal entry which is what lead me to your journal. As you read I have tried for 5 months (this is after losing 2 pregnancies in a row in jan and then march) and you read how its really starting to get to me. Well I have wondered the same thing as you, that maybe losing babies and not being able to get pregnant is God's way of telling me its not right for us right now. That its his way of telling me to focus on the kids I already have. And maybe he is trying to say that. I don't know. But I think both of us should hold on to this bit of faith- "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. (Matthew 14).

I'm sorry you have endured losses and I pray that this is not one of them, that everything is good with baby and you will have a healthy 9 m

10 years ago

Thank you all so much. I wish I could be stronger sometimes...I did go to the doctor and get a scan and much to my surprise the little booger is doing great, I had some sort of implantation hemorrhage so now I'm on pelvic rest for the rest of my first trimester. Tessavie, (smooch!) Thank you. I always try to remember, God's will be done. I don't know what His plan is for me or for you, but although I feel beat down and I shouldn't have anymore, I know that's not what God is doing to me or you. Sometimes it's harder for others and it's our cross to bear, but there is a reason for it whether we figure it out at the time or not. Look at it this way, some people can keep having kids and then they do terrible things to them. I don't think God is keeping us from having kids and letting those people, it's just part of the journey we have to experience. Sometimes it's hard to see the forest through the trees.

10 years ago • Post starter

hi Angela. Just popped back to your journal entry in the hopes of finding out if everything is still okay with your bub and I am SO HAPPY for you that it looks good at this stage!

10 years ago

Thanks Autumn, that's very kind of you to be thinking of my troubles! We go in Thursday again and I'm hoping that everything will have resolved (wishful thinking).

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo