Community post

Journal

6 dpo: gave in and tested, are you shocked?

This is why I buy my tests online. Ok, and also sometimes in the stores. And dip both just to see what happens. I would like to justify my habit in the name of science. I think it's vitally important that I do matched tests for comparative purposes. You know, we did that when we were in pharmacy school and wasted dozens of tests! They even had standardized hcg solutions so we could test which hpt's were the most sensitive. They had a negative one too, or we could use our own urine. Shockingly, none of the 20something year old female students had a rude awakening and tested +. (Or if she did, they didn't shriek and drop a beaker or anything.) Anyway...you probably are more interested in how today's tests came out! Unsurprisingly, they were negative. I dipped a 10mIU strip and a Walart cheapie cassette. I could swear I saw a super faint line, but you know how that goes. Hold it in the best light possible and it's actually grayish. I thought those weren't to show up until after ten minutes!? Anyway, when I was pg with Ally, I must have taken at least 5 negative tests before they turned +, which I want to say was at 12 or 13 dpo. I will probably not be deterred from testing again tomorrow, though. You never know. I don't want to have this undocumented. You know, for science.

0 Comments • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo