Community post

Question

Can you ovulate twice in one month?

I am currently CD21. On CD13, I got a positive on an OPK. Because I am confused about my cycles, I continued to use OPK (mostly because I am always getting a second line--lighter than the control except for that day). Today, I got another positive on my OPK. (CD21). Has anyone ever had this happen before?

Poll:
Can you ovulate twice? (0 votes)
Has this happened to any of you before? (0 votes)

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

No, u can't ovulate more than once in one cycle. U can release 2 or more eggs within a 24hr period, but once u start producing progesterone, it stops all development of any other eggs. So, u either ovulated with CD13's positive opk and are experiencing a second surge, which happens more than ppl think, and usually right before AF. Or, u didnt ovulate with the first positive opk and ur body is trying again, also more common than ppl think. U should start charting ur temps daily so u can confirm O. Good luck! =))

10 years ago

Fairly sure that last cycle I ovulated once from my L ovary and once from the R. This is due to itchy-ticklish sensations I had at what seemed to me like my ovaries! This was combined with several positive days of OPKs. For me, I think this happened on CD10 and CD11. Though I've heard that any pain or positive OPK does not indicate the exact day, more like within 3 days of the symptom/ results. Unf, no BFP for me last cycle. But non-identical twins are formed from two eggs being released in the same cycle. Good luck :-)

5 years TTC. Endometriosis and adenomyosis. Surgery. 2 IVFs. No joy. Low ovarian reserve. Is there any real hope? DE IVF = next step. Much higher success rates, but so used to things not working, it's hard to feel too hopeful. Wishing others an easier time.

10 years ago

Thanks for the answers! I have been charting my temps every morning. The first time I thought I ovulated, my temp jumped from 97.2 to 97.5 and has stayed between 97.5 and 97.7 until two days ago, when it went back down to 97.1-97.2 This morning it was 97.09

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo