Community post

Question

Miscarriage/Abortion Pills? Anyone taken these? Experiences??

I am close to 7 weeks pregnant and am having a miscarriage. An ultrasound today confirmed that I no longer have a viable pregnancy (no heartbeat). I elected to take Misoprostol (the abortion pill) to induce my body to get rid of what was left (sac was still very much attached). I have a D&C scheduled for Wednesday after another ultrasound if this method doesn't work. I was told that I would have major cramping and bleeding anywhere between 2-6 hours after the pills. I inserted the pills around 11:30 a.m. (4 vaginally) and have had NOTHING happen. In fact, I have stopped bleeding altogether --I have been passing clots since yesterday and cramping, but now, no cramps and no bleeding. It has been close to 8 hours since I took the pills. Has anyone had any experience with these pills? I know that not all people have full success with these pills and require a D&C anyway, but I've never heard that they didn't experience SOME kind of cramping and/or bleeding. I am so confus

6 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

call your doc

10 years ago

Yeah I'm gonna call her in the morning if nothing happens... Just looking for other people's experiences

10 years ago • Post starter

I don't have any experience with this but that seems odd. Definitely call in the morning. I'm sorry for your loss, I know the feeling and it's awful. Hang in there

10 years ago

thats too odd...i also had d&c 3 weeks back...process is a bit painful but its good to have d&c rather than hoping for natural.
sorry for your loss.

10 years ago

I had a natural miscarriage and had no problems,I'd rather give my body a chance to do its job before resorting to medicen, it sounds like you have had such a terrible ordeal trying to figure this out, I can't personally help u, but I hope things turn out for. GL
Baby blessings to u

10 years ago

Don’t worry your dicision is correct use Misoprostol to do abortion with home abortion method. It is safely perform the abortion without any complication in future pregnancy. After the misosprostol heavey bleeding is occure which implies that it will start ending the pregnancy that why abdomical pain occurs which is natural. Don’t wroy about that. But do cinical test after the Misoprostol course get complete only for conformation of pregnancy.
http://www.daynighthealthcare.co/product/cytolog

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo