Community post

Question

Afraid to be disappointed by taking the HPT...???

Okay, so I am about 12 dpo as best I can tell (I don't temp, but I chart my external CM), however I do know my period should start by Friday. I am very, very dizzy and have extremely sore and sensitive breasts. I also slept until 12:30 pm on Saturday, which I haven't done in years and I have been going to bed really early. Anyway, I am scared to take an HPT because I am really afraid to be disappointed. Anyone have any advice or in the same boat???

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I would test on Saturday if Aunt Flo hasn't arrived yet. I've been trying for 11 months so I totally get the anticipation and the fear of the negative - you are more likely to get a false negative if you test now than if you test on Saturday. That doesn't mean you can't get a positive now but I think in terms of getting a more definitive answer and not having to deal with extra confusion and wondering if it is negative....I'd wait personally.

11 years ago

I'm on DPO 12 today too!! My AF is arriving on Saturday.

I also don't know if I should try or not....

to everyone and me~ User Image

11 years ago

If you test today with the First Response early response test, you will get an accurate reading. it's about $16 for 2 so it's a little expensive but you will have peace of mind.

11 years ago

FRER won't necessarily give you an accurate answer this early - the one time I got pregnant I didn't get a positive until I was 4 days late (with the early test test)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo