Community post

Discussion

Metformin+antibiotic+birth control+no protection=pregnant??

Hi everyone! I am brand new to this website. I have been on Metformin and Yaz for awhile, but then I started 875 mg 2x a day of Amoxicillin on 1-6-12. According to OD calculators, 1-9-12 fell among my most fertile days, and completely forgetting about this combination of meds, my husband and I had unprotected sex. I had a lot of O symptoms, so I am pretty sure that I did ovulate. Has anyone gotten pregnant using an antibiotic or Metformin or both? I am just wondering what the odds are of having a BFP, and also when I should test. I have never been pregnant, so I am lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 Reply • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I have heard of people that are on the pill then taking antibiotics and falling pregnant my mum was one of those. I would probably wait till around the 23rd to test. Gl keep me updated :)

Me (steph) 21 - DF 22 Twin DDs 2008 to all those ttc

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo