Community post

Question

Increase in metformin=increased sex drive?

For the last almost 2 years I have taken 500 mg of Metformin and Yaz. I recently increased my Metformin from 500 to 1000 mg. Because of the Yaz, I haven't ever experienced a huge surge in my sex drive before, but on July 20th and 21st, I was so um, amorous, that I woke my husband up both nights! About two days later, I was using the Iperiod app and looked at those days, only to find out that those were in my fertile range with the 21st being the most fertile. We weren't about to start TTC, per se, but we are eager to start in the next few months. I am just wondering if anyone experienced increased sex drive with Metformin or an increase in Metformin and/or if anyone knows the possibility that I could have O'd, despite the Yaz? For the last 2 days, I have been experiencing extreme bouts of nausea and today I had the absolute worst headache I have ever had, so I am wondering about the possibility of PG, which I am totally excited about. Please help! Thank you so much!

0 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo