Community post

Question

I am praying, boy am I praying

It seems that I got a bfp after the time limit on a dollar tree test and now that I look back at the picture taken before 4 minutes was up, there's a very faint line. (some people may argue, but I feel there really is something) I have never, ever in my 4 months of ttc, have I gotten a line of ANY SORT on ANY TEST at all. Especially with the dollar tree brand. This line is not an evap, it is thick and pink. (check my page if you'd like.)

and although I am hoping and praying (on my knees praying, literally) I am still not feeling a positive attitude. I've been having spotting since the day I first tested and it is dark brown today. If any spotting, I'm hoping it stays brown and slowly tapers off...

Sorry for the long rant, needed to vent. I've been emotional over all of this.

Any advice, comments... greatly appreciated. (positive attitudes mostly preferred)

xx

User image

8 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

I agree with you. Last year i found a midwifery website that said that it is still a positive no matter how long it takes to show up. In fact if you read some of the info on pee on a stick.com she did a a test with a bunch of tests(when she wasn't pregnant and there were alot of them that didn't even show up till' after the time limit.

11 years ago

Faint line is a positive ! you cant get a false positive !! CONGRATS !!

if you wanna be more sure, i suggest that you test again in couple of days !! BEST OF LUCK !! crossing fingers for you !!!

11 years ago

Thank you for the comments and hope! I feel that much better. I am soo scared though. I feel af may start at any minute and that's why I've been praying and praying.

Dh saw the test and he is set on that.
"yeah you're pregnant, just relax" he says.
Easier said than done.

User image

11 years ago • Post starter

and I've gotten bfn after that test, so that's another thing! Even got a test done at the clinic - bfn. =(

User image

Hmmmm I had a faint line last month but it was an evap as it appeared after the time limit. I don't agree with a line is a bfp after the time limit. Sorry don't want to disappoint you but rather that than get your hopes up. Try testing in a couple of days. Maybe it was too early? Good luck!!

11 years ago

Thank you tashataylor. I was pregnant though, confirmed today after blood test. Resulted in early m/c. It is possible!

Baby dust to all.

xx

User image

I wish I could give you a hug!

11 years ago

*****HUGS!***** Thank you for your support =)

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo