Community post

Question

Spotting at cd15 and cd16?

I posted a question yesterday about spotting at cd15 which stopped by the afternoon and was convinced that it was most likely ovulation(even though i never spot mid-cycle). It has since stopped, but just this evening I spotted AGAIN!
It is very light brown with ewcm mixed in and only a small amount...
I am very confused at this point and frustrated that I don't know what is going on with my body. This has never ever happened to me before.

Anybody else experience this before??

p.s, I usually take 400mg Vitex daily before ovulation and stop. But I've decided to continue taking it until my suspected AF (hopefully not) since I've been having this odd spotting in hopes that if I am pregnant, then it will stick. I've had a m/c before so I am doing what I think is best...

Thanks xx

User image

1 Answer • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

I've had exactly 3 cycles in my entire life where I have spotted mid-cycle. It was O related every time. It's said to be caused by the sudden increase in estrogen, it can cause a bit of the lining to slough off. Another theory is that it happens due to ovulation itself, the follicle bleeds slightly once the egg pops. No one is 100% sure of either theory, but it's supposed to be a very good sign of fertility.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo