Community post

Question

Factors which mat affect BBT?

Hello, this may be a really dull question but I am new to ttc and have only been charting my BBT for 12 days! However I have already noticed that my temps appear to depend upon whether or not I am wearing my pyjamas during the night!!! The first few nights were warn so I slept without them and my temps were in the 96 degree range. However on the nights I wore them my temps were higher in the mornng,(within the 97 degree range)!!

Whilst this seems obvious, I am concerned that something as simple as this will provide somewhat flawed charting results and may throw all the calcualtions into disarray!!!

Would you therefore suggest to remain consistant and either wear or go without pyjamas whilst ttc?? Or will a bbt shift be evident regardless of external factors?

Sorry if this sounds daft...............

Many thanks,

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

i would try to stay as consistent as possible with the pajamas. however, i would think your thermal shift would be obvious enough for you to tell if you have ovulated. is it possible you may have ovulated already? if not, i would guess it is the difference in the clothing.

11 years ago

If you are having issue with temps fluctuating due to wearing/not wearing pajamas, then I would suggest vaginal temping. Ladies say it is even more accurate then oral temping. That way you don't have to worry WHAT you are wearing. Good luck!!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo