Community post

Question

Anybody have credible info about exercise and the 2ww?

My best friend and I are running partners. She told me her doctor told her not to run any more than ten miles per week during TTC because it decreases your fertility. I have regular, ovulatory cycles (and now have a bbt chart to prove it) and am a very normal weight/not under or overweight. I think my bmi is 21 or so. It sounds so dumb, but do you think strenuous exercise harms our chances? I usually run 3-5 miles four times a week and lift weights or hike or do the elliptical on other days.

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I spoke to my doctor about it recently and was told that I should ease off my exercise slightly during the 2ww. I am a big fan of interval running and have switched to jogging during the 2 week wait. In previous months I have then gone back to interval before ovulating. I wish you the best trying to conceive, I am on 12 dpo but too scared to test and went for a run to relax my mind this morning :-) x

11 years ago

Running does really help your mental state, doesn't it? ;) Thanks for your help!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo