Community post

Question

How much does your basal body temp fluctuate from day to day?

We are on our 5th cycle of ttc #3. I've been using opk's all along, as well as tracking cervical fluid + position. But I just started temping last week (I am so impatient with temping, but trying to get interested in it, ironically, because my husband thinks it will help...) Anyway, my temp seems to go crazy, fluctuating by.0.3 to 0.4 degrees (Fahrenheight) every day. Is that normal for the time before and just after AF? Also, I know illness, alcohol, etc, can affect it. We have a glass or two of wine with dinner a few times a week, and I've been suffering from either bad allergies or a mild cold too...temping is just so confusing to me! Will I see a pattern sooner or later?

5 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Oh wait...we're on cycle 6! Sorry, AF just came and I guess I can't keep up with all these stats! Lol!

12 years ago • Post starter

Idk the answer to that but I just started temping last month and I agree it is confusing. Mine jumps around alot too but I really have irratic sleep patterns so I think that could mess with temping. I never get more than 2 hrs at a time. Also noticed this cycle my temps are starting alot higher than last and haven't even O'ed yet. Maybe I am not going to O this month. My temps usually run alot lower and they have stood kind of high even after my period except for 2 days after it then back into the 97's, I'm usually in the 96's.. very strange, hard to figure out. Guess I'll see if I O if they go really high. Doing OPK's starting yesterday at cd9 and today at cd 10 both neg and i highly doubt I would O before CD 9?? Very confusing

12 years ago

How long are your cycles? I've o'd on day 9 before (+ opk was day 7 I believe).

I don't know if you are temping orally or vaginally, but I think I am about to switch exclusively to vaginally b/c I have such erratic oral temps! You're right, sickness and alcohol can affect your temperature, but with oral temperatures, I've read sleeping with your mouth open can affect it too.

Usually pre-ovulation temps of around 97.5 and post-ov temps of around 98.0 but sometimes I will have a random 98.2 pre-ov or 97.5 post-ov! I am currently 10 dpo and have been temping orally and vaginally for the past week or so and my vaginal temps are much more stable, usually around 98.0-98.2. Wish I had been temping vaginally all cycle! Anyway, hope this helps!

12 years ago

Interesting! Now, how do you temp vaginally without moving around too much? I always lay there and try to grab the thermometer without moving hardly at all! Lol.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo