Community post

Question

Got a CBFM, how does everyone like them?

I was given the full go ahead to start TTC today. We were told two years ago it just probably wouldn't happen for us, so this is exciting. We have been trying for longer than 2 years, even with the bad news. So getting this amazing news today made me giddy. I went ahead and investigated the Clearblue Fertility Monitor and got one on E-bay for pretty decent compared to new. I was wondering how much success everyone has had with them, or how long it took to really figure out your peak days.

To give a quick health back story: I was born with no thyroid gland, I am considered hypothyroid, My pituitary gland kind of went out on me, yet I am on meds to help. I am taking 500mg of Glumetza and now will be upped to 2000mg a day. (I hope I make it!) We are getting pre-seed and I already use softcups for both my period(when I ever get one) and for BDing. I hope this is not TMI, but it might help.

Any answers or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by hugs)

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Hi! I'm using one & am on CD19 of my 2nd cycle. It's great! The first month it didn't detect my peak & asked for 20 sticks but having read testimonies from other ladies, that wasn't unusual at all. It 'learns' your cycle. It will ask for your first stick on CD6 & keep asking until it detects a peak. This month, it asked for my first stick CD9, showed high on day 12 & peak on day 13&14. I did OPKs as well as I do those in the late afternoon. I think LH surge started late CD 12 but monitor picked it up on the following morning. It always gives 2 peaks, one high and then lows. Lots of ladies have said, in order to save sticks, just stop feeding it after first high. Also, when you tell it your period has started, that sets the testing time. You can test 3 hours either side of that time do make sure it's a convenient time and if you start your period in the afternoon or evening, they recommend not setting your monitor until the morning after and setting that as day 1

11 years ago

Thanks so much. I am wanting to see if I actually have an lh surge because of my pituitary gland being on the fritz. I don't really have a set number on my cycle days, does it let you set a number? Like 28,32, etc? Since I take metformin to have a period I'm sure it should be every 28 days. Please let me know how it works for you. I am nervous that it may not arrive in time for June. Thank you again!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

I love mine! Make sure you reset it & clear it's memory do its not basing its readings on somebody else! It 'learns' your personal cycle over 6 months. There are instructions on the CB web site on how to do it. Be prepared for it to not register a peak 1st month & to use 20 sticks. They should really be all from the same batch so stock up in advance with a box of 20. I got my peak on 2nd month but only one high day. I'm expecting it to have 'learnt' more about me this cycle & hopefully give me more notice with a few more high days. I think it's a great little device. Good luck! (I've just posted a poll related to CBFM and number of cycled until you're pregnant so WHEN you're preggo, would you have a look at it please?)

11 years ago

Oops! Only just realised I've answered twice lol! Doh!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo