Community post

Question

Vivid dreams about being pregnant while on my cycle. Am I alone here?

I had a dream last night that has been nagging at me all day. I Am on day 2 of my cycle. I had a dream that I was pregnant, about 5 months I'd say. It felt so real, I could feel it in my dream and my tummy. I woke up and had to feel my stomach to realize it wasn't actually there. :( has anyone ever had these dreams while being on their period? And has anyone's dream come true on that cycle?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

6 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Aaaw...I can so relate to ur situation... Last night I dreamed I took a HPT and that after starring at it I could see the second line appearing right in front my eyes. The joy and excitement I felt is something I can't explain, it was so real...!!! I'm currently waiting for my period on June 7, and I've been testing every day...all (-)
2 months ago I had a dream similar to yours. I dreamed I was approx. 5-7 months (I was already showing)..and that my hubby came to me and hugged my belly and said to me he felt so happy and blessed. It was something amazing. I woke up and did the same thing u did, I touched my tummy and realized it wasnt real, so I cried until I fell asleep again. I know how sad the wait can be,..but ur not alone in this journey.
Blessings and baby dust to u. I hope and pray the desire of your heart comes true.
Keep posting :)

11 years ago

oh wow ive had this soooo many times. its so upsetting once you wake up and that feeling never goes away...

i seem to be surrounded by pregnant people or women who have recently had babies and i have to admit i get jealous.... because most of them didnt want to be pregnant to start with or they werent even trying.

it really frustrates me when someone not TTC ends up getting pregnant and moaning about it or having abortions.... etc. i just think its so wrong!!!

so when i have these dreams of being pregnant or having another baby, i wake up so angry and upset because i remember those people who are pregnant that dont even want the baby....

User ImageUser Image User Image Hoping for our 2nd lil' baba!!

11 years ago

(((Hugs))) I know that feeling! I had pregnancy dreams even before my husband had his vasectomy reversal! I don't think my pregnancy dreams have ever actually coincided with me getting a BFP. Although with my first daughter, we were not ttc, and when I was 2-3 days late for AF, I woke up out of a dead sleep at 4 am just certain that I was pregnant! I actually don't remember if I dreamed I was pregnant, or if I just woke up having to pee and all of a sudden thought (when AF still hadn't arrived) that I needed to get a pg test. I had been so sure AF was to arrive at any moment...but she never did, well not for 11 months!

11 years ago

I'm 7DPO and had a dream last night that I got a BFP and kept tesing over and over because I couldn't believe it. I woke up at 3:00am super excited.. then realized it was a dream. BLAH!

11 years ago

(@ Angelmiky).... Same here. I'm surrounded by them too...and I get frustrated by the same things too. There's certain ones I think to myself "seriously???"
I get angry and jealous, and then I realize that's not who I am. I didn't use to be this way until I started TTC. My life has changed and I don't know how to go back to be the person I was. I dont think I ever will.

God bless :)

11 years ago

Thanks ladies, I am glad I am not alone on the crazy dreams. I am not sure if its also from a boost of hormones too. I know I am always surrounded by women with babies or who are pregnant. Literrally I am surrounded by all of my neighbors with new babies. I used to catch myself being jealous, but I remembered that it's their life, and not mine. Just being jealous wouldn't give me my own child and having what they had didn't mean my life would be the same as theirs. Who knows, they may be worse off to them. It's hard to try and not judge, but I don't hold anything against anyone for their life choices. My sister always feels guilty for not wanting more than her precious son because she knows I have so many problems just getting pregnant. I always reassure her though that I am not angry with her for her life choice, it's just how things happen, not any one persons fault. I hope that this dream is a good omen to what could happen this month, or year. Baby Dust to all of you!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo